Xbox live - Help

Hey there,

having some trouble getting 2 consoles to connect to Xbox live at the same time.

old style xbox and the new one

both on wireless, ( old is using the adapter )

me and my brother cannot be on xbox live at the same time since the latest dashboard update. 

both log in, all fine here

after log on if we try to make a party or both join the same game it kicks one of us from xbox live.

any help to reslove the issue?

p.s never had this trouble before the new dashboard update. cant see how that would affect this.

thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Ghosts, sorry to hear about the connection issues with the two consoles! Okay, a couple questions up front: What kind of router are you using currently? Can you please list the make and model number? Secondly, have you enabled UPnP on your router, to see if that allows you to connect simultaneously?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Belkin

F5D8235-4 N + Wireless router

and UPnP is enabled.

did some further testing and we can both be on-line at the same time, with restrictions.

Can send messages to each other, but as soon as we make a party, kicks one of us - same with private chat.

nothing hardware wise has changed since the latest update, and i cant see why the problem should start now. has been fine in the past.

it is the latest dashboard update that has somehow stopped; myself and my brother from playing together on Xbox live.

any other suggestions please?

thanks in advance jack

Sorry this didn't help.

Alright, thanks! Forgive for suggesting this is you've tried it, but I'm not seeing you mention that you tried restarting your network hardware. Could you give that a shot? If you have tried that, how about setting up static IPs for both consoles?

Sorry this didn't help.