Xbox Live Gold Renewal + Free Game not yet Recieved.

So, I signed up for a promotion on March 9th through the dashboard in which I was to receive a free game (Kinect Sports, Fable III, Halo Reach, Kinectimals) and 1 extra month of gold with the renewal of a 12 month gold subscription. And I understand the promotion ended on March 14th. Since I received the email to choose a game, the next day, I verified my address and the choice of game which was Kinect Sports. Since it was stated to have come within 8-10 weeks after promotion ends, I believe, it should have approx. come at the beginning to mid may at latest. I called XBOX Support on May 30th to find out that would need to escalate the issue. They did that and told me I was gonna get a call in 72 hours. No Call. 2 weeks later, I called again and spoke to a manager to find out it will be here at my house by June 15th. No game. I call again only to find out that it will take another 8-10 weeks. I am now frustrated. It is end of July and I have yet to here from MS. I called again today and I found out that it needs to be escalated, AGAIN. This is atrocious and very poor service and made me think twice before I decided to cancel a promotion I was gonna buy from the dahsboard a couple days back. And while I have had awesome people and customer service before, this time around, it feels as they have no care for the customer. The deal has lost its incentive. Kinect Sports, the game I chose, is now very old and already has a sequel coming.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 8 Applies to:

Same thing happened to me, joined march 10th. Called several times, was told they would escalate....then nothing. Twice I've been told to wait 8-10 weeks. Still waiting. Terrible service. Microsoft promos are obviously just scams. Really disappointing. Don't even want the game anymore, just pissed off out of principle.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

18004MYXbox. Theres nothing anybody on the forums can do for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

that is partially incorrect

yes calling support will escalate however

posting in the correct forums will help

forums.xbox.com/.../29.aspx

if you post there a forums agent can help you if you verify a few things

you will need to read the stickys covering promotions

also this isn't covered under stickies but if you purchased a prepaid membership card that does not purchase the promotions

they can only be purchased with a creditcard or a debitcard on the dasboard

Sorry this didn't help.

this info must be posted in that forums

I’ve waited and it still isn’t here!

If you have waited the 6-8 weeks and your promo item still hasn’t arrived, please post in this forum. Create your own thread, don't post it in a "similar" thread. Make sure you are posting from the account that took part in the promotion. Please only provide the following information:

Promotion:

Date:

Promo Item(s):

Sorry this didn't help.

1 thing sinful '

i'm not sure why you are posting an american and UK promotion in an canadian forums

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, ngocphi, I live in Canada and they generally or sometimes have different rules regarding support of whether it is hardware or software or promotional support. And thanks for the info. I am going to go and post in the forum you provided the link to. Thanks for your help.  

Sorry this didn't help.

Seems like a lot of people are having problems with the dashboard offers, I wonder how many got the Noble 6 helmet when the $40 promo was running last year.

Sorry this didn't help.

OMG, They said that the escalation reviewed it and should be delivered and received but will still take8-10 weeks. how ridiculous this thing is so pissing me of, that I have decided to cancel my business with Xbox starting with the next generation and probably moving over to the PS series..XBOX  is falling behind in customer service big time. I have waited till Agust 4th just to hear it will take another 8-10 weeks and it was suppose to come early - mid may. this is ridculous. And everytime, the rep, says that Kinect Sports is an awesome game. like seriously how stupid. XBOX is *** now.

Sorry this didn't help.

the forums do nothing for people in this type of situation.  call the xbox support number and ask to speak with a supervisor.  no offense to the call takers, but they can't do anything, but forward information, so it's best to first go directly to a supervisor.  tell the supervisor that you are upset about why this has taken so long and they will send this to an escalation department, who will then get the ball rolling.  the forums are a lazy way of passing the buck.  i like halo and that's why i have an xbox, but after the level of service that i have received or more importantly have not received, i'm thinking that the next gaming system i get won't be xbox.  this has been brutal trying to get a game that i had paid for.  it seems that there are a ton of Canadians having the same problem.

as for ngocphi, customer service should be xbox staff helping their customers, not xbox customers helping themselves.  i have wasted far too much time trying to get an answer from the forums.  i bought an xbox live renewal with a promise of a free game back in march!  that's 5 months and still no game.  imagine going to wal-mart, buying a game, coming home with no disc in the box, and then being told to wait 6-8 weeks for the game to arrive or being told to go online and see what other people did.  microsoft got to get their $#!% together and start providing customer service, otherwise they will be losing a ton of money on renewals alone.  i\m still waiting for my game and i don't plan to renew my live again because of this.

Sorry this didn't help.

Maybe a class action lawsuit would help them get the message.

Sorry this didn't help.