Xbox live gold question

So, i recently was given an xbox 360.  I have a ps3 as well.  I'm trying to figure out why I would pay 10 dollars a month to play online with xbox when ps3 is free.  I was looking on the xbox website and they say we can watch netflix, hulu plus, but what they "go figure" fail to tell you is you have to pay extra for hulu and netflix.   So in the end you are just paying microsoft 10 dollars to play online.. really?

So why would you not go to ps3 were its free?

Thank's for your help/input.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Well I own a PS3 too along with my 360 and I find that Xbox Live is well worth paying for.  There is a lot more content to download from LIVE compared to PSN and a lot more demo's to try out. Also, $10 a month, that's a lot!  Xbox Live was $60 a year in the U.S when I last looked.  I'm from the United Kingdom and I only pay £39.99 (about $62) for a year.  If you were thinking of paying monthly, don't, it will cost you a heck of a lot more in the long run.

Also Xbox LIVE has a better online enforcement monitoring system, especially when it comes to reporting cheating and modding.  On LIVE you can report violations via your console (and MS do issue suspensions), while on PSN, there is no way to report anyone via the console.  You have to take down the ID and then go to Sony's website to report other gamers.  Live is far better in that respect.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hmm yea paying more in advance may be the better way to go.

Thanks ill have to look into it more.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.