Xbox Live Gold on wrong account?

Hi all,

Sorry for the totally noob question but to put it simple my son has an Xbox One, when I first set it up I created 2 accounts, one for myself to set what he could watch and play etc and also to pay for his Gold through, and the other was an account for him to play on.

Lately hes been playing with his friends and there saying he can get certain games free using Gold but when he clicks on the option its as if he hasnt got it although im assuming the fact that he can talk to them means he has got some sort of Xbox Live?

This got me thinking as I knew I have monthly bills coming out of my own bank account that pays for his Gold.  Upon checking I logged into my sons Xbox account and it doesnt really indicate anywhere that he has Gold and even gives the offer to try Gold for free. Then when I log into my own account and click on "Subscriptions" it says that I have Xbox Live Gold.

Both of us have gamer profiles and accounts on the same console so am I right in assuming that because I have Gold and on the same console that enables my son to use Live?

The problem is that I dont use Gold as the account and profile are only on the console to set what he can look at etc.  I would like somehow for my son to benefit from having Gold on his account instead.

Is there anyway of doing this please?

Much appreciated for any help

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:
Answer

On the ONE, you really only need one GOLD account. Your sons account is actually playing, using your GOLD account. If you want the free games with gold, just use your account to download them. Your son should have no problems playing them with his account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Answer

This link will explain things a bit better. support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-gold-sharing-features

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.