xbox live gold not recognized on xbox one

i've tried to put in a 14 day trial & two 48 hour trails today after entering the code it said success but i still can't connect to anything without it telling me it requires gold, i've tried reentering the codes but it just tell me it's already been used. but i'm not going to waste any money on 12 months if it wont even work for a 2 day trial. i'd appreciate it if someone could help, i've looked on other forums but nothing is a clear answer to why this is happening & how to solve it.  

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 174 Applies to:

Sorry to hear you're having issues.  First off a trial code does not show up as a regular Gold membership.  You will always only show as a Silver member holder with access to only some Gold features (usually limited only to the game the trials came with).

Second, trial memberships do not stack so I'm afraid the 2 day trial you attempted to use is no longer valid.

If there are features on the Xbox One that you want to take advantage of then you'll need to purchase a full Gold membership.  On the plus side though, Gold memberships can be shared out to other family members on the Xbox One console so if you have someone else in your household who has a Gold membership then simply ensure that the console is set as their Home console and you're added to their family so you can share it.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Like onyx62is said, trials do not stack. That means that each code you entered, overwrote the ones you had entered before it.  So even though you had 18 days worth of trial codes, if the last one you entered was a 48hr code then all you will get is 48hrs.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.