xbox live gold membership

WE RECENTLY GOT AN XBOX LIVE CARD WITH A 25 DIGIT NO .WE COULDN,T GET IT LOADED ON THE XBOX BECAUSE IT WOULDN,T ACCEPT MY EMAIL SO WE PUT IT THROUGH THE HOME COMPUTER.MY SON HAS NOW GOT AN EMAIL ADDRESS AND HAS TRIED TO PLAY GAMES WITH FRIENDS AND IT REFUSE,S TO ACCEPT  HIS GOLD MEMBERSHIP.COULD THIS BE BECAUSE WE DONE IT ON THE HOME COMPUTER PLEASE HELP.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

If the code was entered with the same email address that your son' gamer profile uses, then entering the code via the website will have some delay before being in effect on the console. It ranges from 10 minutes to 1 hour.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi GraveSum,

I think I understand that the account is made on the website with this e-mail address that just made on live.com? If not, try to make an existed offline account on the xbox. If the e-mail address is already is used. (this gamertag i guess) then create an other one again on live.com and use that one on the console by logging in on the offline profile and press 'join xbox live'.

Let us know how it goes...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Grave! If I understand correctly, you used the card on the computer BEFORE creating your son's account, is that correct? If so, then you may have added the time to a different account. If you can sign in to the Forums here from your son's account, and PM me the prepaid code (envelope icon below my post) I can look into that for you. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Grave,

If the digits you put in were correct, and if your son can connect to xbox live, make sure he installs the resent dashboard update. Also, depending on his Parental Control settings you set up, you might have set too strictly so he can't play with his friends, receive messages, etc. Try looking at the parental control settings, and if all fails, call Xbox Support at 1800-4MY-XBOX

Sorry this didn't help.

recent*

Sorry this didn't help.