Xbox LIVE Gold Membership Renewal Question

Hello everyone,

My Xbox LIVE Gold Membership is presently set to auto-renew this winter at a promotional price which is great.  A day or so ago I received an email from Xbox Rewards with a 1 month renewal token as a bonus, and my question is if I redeem this token as well as a 1 month Gold card I've also received, will it remove my auto-renewal promotional price.

I first contact Xbox Support to inquire, however the service rep was not entirely sure.  He suspects I wouldn't loose my promotional renewal, but suspecting and being certain are two different things.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 43 Applies to:

one months?  sorry, I couldn't resist...:-)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you are set to renew at a specific price then that is the price you will pay.  When did you sign up for this?  If it was a promotional price last winter the auto renewal will be at regular price this winter.

Adding extra time will not change what price you pay.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Arkham99"]

one months?  sorry, I couldn't resist...:-)

[/quote]

;)

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="onyx62is"]

If you are set to renew at a specific price then that is the price you will pay.  When did you sign up for this?  If it was a promotional price last winter the auto renewal will be at regular price this winter.

Adding extra time will not change what price you pay.

[/quote]

Hello Onyx,

In September of 2010 I signed up for the Halo: Reach renewal promotion, which was 40% off a yearly membership.  Due to my current subscription at the time, this took effect in February of 2011.

Since the promotion had been fulfilled, I contacted Xbox Support in March 2011 to turn off auto renewal with the intention of using subscription cards as I've done in the past.  With out any hesitation the support rep offered to have my membership renew at the same promotional price of 40% off if I left auto renewal on.  I accepted and was told I could cancel at any time.

This will take effect in February 2012.

I was also told that if I use a subscription card or wanted to use another Dashboard promotion, I'd need to contact Xbox Support to make sure the Halo: Reach promotion was cancelled and wouldn't stack.

Obviously in this instance I wouldn't mind if it stacked, however I just want to be sure I won't loose the 40% off promotion for the next auto renew.

--
Juxtapose13

Sorry this didn't help.