XBOX Live Gold Family Pack

We're all going to suck it up and renew individual memberships trying to find the best damned deal we can find. I have enjoyed the family pack and have utilized all four accounts for myself and 3 of my 4 kids. Now, the older ones will have to do without because anything over $100 a year will not be renewed.. which means I will only have two accounts yearly instead of 4 now. That's the bottom freaking line and Yes microsoft... it SUCKS! Loyalty truly gets you nowhere these days...

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

I received an answer also to post to the feedback forum...and besides hearing from other users, like you who are not keen on the being charged more and getting less.  eG x Thee Elf indicated that you won't be upgrading to Xbox One (one impression) My impression is that you are angry that Microsoft has designed this upgrade to force you to abandon your current Microsoft investment or be charged more.  I guess if that is the definition of a Microsoft upgrade, Elf may be correct.  

Here is my biggest complaint is the FAQ: What features will I lose when the family pack converts to individual memberships?  The answer, oh no big deal, only allowance and family safety reports.   WITH NO MENTION OF THE BIGGEST FEATURE OF THEM ALL "PRICE".  

Allowance has been great, I used it regularly, and family safety reports, meh, I guess it is nice to be able to help your kids out if they find someone doing something out in left field.  But I bought into Gold based on the price, and I can justify it based on the price.   It seems that the FAQ is not complete in an intentionally misleading and hoping no one will ask kind of way.

So eG x Thee Elf, this support forum should at a minimum be something Microsoft monitors, because the support at least on the FAQ is lacking in accurate and meaningful information.  Microsoft ought to say Wow we have so many complaints coming in on a variety of forums, rather than redirecting customers to go find the right line to wait in to complain to deaf ears, it should be encouraging customer comments, in order to best satisfy them.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Snaprig,

I understand where your coming from, I know a lot of people enjoyed the Family Plan and being able to game together and save.

You will get however much time is left on your family gold pack plus 3 months for each individual that's split from the pack. Once that subscription is up you will then need to add billing information for each member and pay for each of their memberships separately.

I would highly recommend posting your feedback on the conversion of the Family Plan to Individual Accounts in the Feedback/Wishlist forums.

Sorry this didn't help.

Snaprig,

Sorry to hear you won't be upgrading to Xbox One (or at least that's the impression I get). There's not much we can do for you at the support forum, but this should be posted in the Feedback Forums as your likely to get more focus on your issue there.  Hopefully you can find some good deals to keep you and the family gaming Gold though!

Sorry this didn't help.