Xbox Live Gold Family Pack - Can't add family members

So i find myself in a situation where i purchased an xbox live gold family pack to allow both my wife and i to have online access but i can't seem to add my wife to the gold family pack.

When attempting to add her to the family/gold i get the a message stating that she has been added to the family but that there was a problem adding her to the family gold pack and that she will not have gold pack features until she is added. (not exactly overly helpful)

I have called xbox support 3 times at this point with the following results

First call

1. My account is part of the US Region while my wife's account is is in Canada.

2. My account was migrated from the US to Canada (Where i currently am). Tried again - same error

3. Validated all my billing information (updated). Tried again - same error

4. Validated my wife's account billing information (updated). Tried again - same error

5. Told that this may take 24 hours.

Second call - 24 hours later

1. Went through the above again to validate

2. Deleted my profile on the xbox and redownloaded it. Tried again - same error

3. Deleted my wife's profile on the box and redownloaded it. Tried again - same error

4. Created a brand new account and attempted to add it. - Same error.

5. Was told this time that it could take up to 10 business days for my account migration to be completed and i should just keep trying and call back after 10 days.

Third Call - 2 weeks after the first

1. Provided the support agent the above details.

2. Agent was unable to access my account at all (really weird)

3. Deleted and redownloaded my account again - Same error

4. Agent suggested that i may need to abandon this account and create a new canadian account to proceed with the family pack..... (so much for migrations?)

I have since asked that my issue be escalated to the "investigation team". However, thought i would post something here to ensure that i'm following up on all avenues of support.

Is there anyone out there that can assist in this??? i'd really like to get this working for my wife and not feeling like i've wasted money on a family pack i can't use (well or that i'm going to lose my gamertag and all items associated with it.)

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

I am scared now. I was trying to add my brother to our Family Pack and I got the exact message you got. I came here hoping to find answers but all I found was what you have which scares me even more. I hope someone let's you know what to do, so I can do it too...how VERY frustrating.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.