Xbox Live Gold and Zune Pass

I have had a Zune pass for a long time.  I just got an Xbox 360.  I connected it to my Zune account when I set up Xbox Live.  I understand (though I don't like) the fact that Zune Pass and Xbox Live Gold are different, but what I don't understand is, when I edit my profile in Xbox, it says "Logged in Xbox Live Gold."  When I try to use Netflix or ESPN3, however, it tells me I need a "Gold" membership.  Is this a bug in the Profile Editor?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hi there.

Are you sure you have associated the Zune pass with the correct xbox LIVE account? The one you're currently using on the forums is only on a Silver membership. Maybe the same email address is linked to both accounts and this may be the reason as to why you're receiving this error message.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have a simular problem.  I have had a zune pass for a long time and too just got a xbox.  Though, when I associated my zune pass live id to my xbox, it showes my account as Xbox Standard.  My mom also just got a xbox and a WP7 and signed up for a zune pass, but when we associated her zune pass live ID, it shoes her as xbox gold.  what gives?

Sorry this didn't help.

Zune Pass is not the same as LIVE Gold. I'm confused about what is being asked here, as neither of you posting show as having a Gold account. Can you more clearly explain what the issue is that you are having? Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.