Xbox Live get your act together

There is obviously a problem regarding FIFA 12 and peoples Xbox Live account. I have lost all my microsoft points and when I reported it today I was told that to start an investigation I would not be able to use my account for 25 days . So basically penalised twice .

Who can we complain to ?

This is a mess

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Join the queue, I am a week into my investigation after somebody stealing all my points using fifa 12.  Called them today to see how far along it was and was told I would now have to wait 30 days.  No surprise there from reading these forums.

When called in the 1st time guy said it must be my weak password.  If they think weak is upper, lower, symbols and numbers then good luck to everyone!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

No company would ever admit fault (look at RATNERS). It doesn't mean they do not get their share of the blame if no fail safes or safeguards are in place as a duty of care to customers. At worst I can only apportion myself 50% of the blame and to be honest I cannot see how I could be at fault for that much BUT I cannot simply dismiss the possibility outright.

MS could place an embargo on all EA games until security at EA is tightened up (If EA are responsible).

MS could install safeguards that would eradicate account theft instantly.

But as they insist our payment card details are our own responsibility I have removed mine.... luckily I was able to do this ONLINE via my account. I do not know whether it is because I do not own an xbox and my xbox live account was made because I bought games through windows... or some other reason but as we are considered our own and only safeguard except a password (and NO password is ever going to be 100% safe) then removing card details is the ONLY way to ensure money is not lost. You may have to make a phone call to support, you may have to turn off auto renewal, you may have to take 15 minutes to do it, but DO IT and tell everyone else to do the same.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.