xbox live gamertag

i have been getting abusive messages on the xbox but i dont have enough money to change my gamertag is there anyway you can help me    

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Set your communication preferences to friends only?

Just block all communications. Dont let anyone "make" you change your GT.

Report any abusive messages and block communications from the person sending them.

I'm beginning to think that people are using the "I'm being harassed" excuse to try to get a free name change.  The fact that there are other, more effective means of dealing with harassment means that free name changes will never happen in these cases.

Yeah simply block communications and you wont reecieve anything from them ever.

just block communications if anything else happens well file complaint.

[quote user="Zen Like Calm"]

I'm beginning to think that people are using the "I'm being harassed" excuse to try to get a free name change.  The fact that there are other, more effective means of dealing with harassment means that free name changes will never happen in these cases.

[/quote]

I agree with you. The tools are there to deal with these problems. You'd of thought that changing a gamertag would be the last thing someone would want to do if this was the case. Oh well.

block the person then your be ok

But how about my gamertag? It's offensive and I get harassed (a lot). Can anything be done to it?

[quote user="FatBurgerFat"]

But how about my gamertag? It's offensive and I get harassed (a lot). Can anything be done to it?

[/quote]Yeah, pay the 800mp to change it if you can't simply block communications to the people that are bothering you. This goes to the OP as well.