Xbox LIVE Gamertag Hack

I was hacked last month around the 10th, and thankfully i was able to get my account back with little problems. I even had 960 MS points but the 'hacker' didn't even use them, all they did was delete my friends list and play COD. I called Customer Support right away and they did an investigation. Well i got tired of waiting so i got it back myself by just resetting the password and recovering it onto my console. Microsoft then reset my email around 2 weeks after the hack and 'refunded' my MS points. My question is, with my Windows LIVE ID reset (and even an Xbox Pass code just to be safe), is there still a probability of me getting hacked again? I got hacked twice now, the first was because i made the incredibly stupid decision to get 'free MS points', and when i recovered my gamertag i didn't change my email or password. I have a feeling it's the same people/person who hacked it last time, and i want to make sure that my account is safe now. Please answer, this has been bugging me for weeks now, and i really don't want anything to happen with Gears 3 coming out in 15 days.

Question Info

Last updated October 25, 2018 Views 530 Applies to:

As long as you follow the advice here Xbox LIVE Account Security, then you need not worry about being 'hacked' again.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You want to see if IT IS the person who hacked you before.But you just have to call Customer Support and wait......if they dont answer try RECOVER ACCOUNT on a friwnds account if they let you on (a real friend) if you dont remember your account pw  reset it and you will get a em and reset it and recover it,if you get on,your lucky and if you find the guy that HACKED you file a complaint.Thanks!I hope this helped.

2 people were helped by this reply

·

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="HD llVisiionzll"]

You want to see if IT IS the person who hacked you before.But you just have to call Customer Support and wait......if they dont answer try RECOVER ACCOUNT on a friwnds account if they let you on (a real friend) if you dont remember your account pw  reset it and you will get a em and reset it and recover it,if you get on,your lucky and if you find the guy that HACKED you file a complaint.Thanks!I hope this helped.

[/quote]This thread is from 2011 and marked as answered, please be aware of timestamps on posts.

Sorry this didn't help.

H     U      H

Sorry this didn't help.