Xbox LIVE gamertag discount

Today i noticed there is a discount for changing your gamertag exclusively for gold members for 400 microsoft points instead of 800. How long is going to stay 400 microsoft points ? I can't change my gamertag right now.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 15 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Thanks a lot OP! Changed my tag! Good man for sharing!

Are you being a troll or are you serious? Can anyone confirm?

Seems to be the new price. I'll try to find more info on why the price was dropped.

yea, i believe it is free the first time.. could be wrong its been forever since ive changed it.

I am not lieing. It is still there. Microsoft just hasn't announced it yet.

[quote user="x Newdull x"]

[quote user="ZteelPulse66"]

thanks , yea it's free first time and you can choose your own tag or choose a random one. Does anything happen to your stat's when you change?  Somebody said you loose stuff ! whatever that means. Not that I have to worry about my stat's.

[/quote]

no, you keep everything. all your gamerscore and stuff stays the same. 

[/quote]

Thanks for that.

Doesn't the new Deal of the Week usually start on Tuesday? So this "sale" probably ends on Monday night/ Tuesday morning when the next set of Deals goes live. (The gamertag change sale was a Deal of the Week a little while ago, but that was announced; this seems to have been a surprise.)

Am I right in saying the first time you change your gamer tag it's free ?

So today is the last day? Can someone confirm with a source please? Thanks.

Quoted from @XboxSupport on twitter "No, that is a special sale. The price will go back to 800MSP early next week. ^AC"