XBOX Live Funeral

I want to share a story and then explain what we are trying to do.

I have been a online gamer for a few years now.  I have met a lot of great people online through the years mainly through Call of Duty games.  On New Years eve I lost what I would consider to be my best friend online.  We met on Call of Duty Black ops and over the last year and a half or so we have exchanged phone number and really gotten to know each other.  He passed away in his sleep shortly after midnight on New years day.  After many phone calls talking to other friends that lived closer to him and new him personally it has been a rough couple of days.  I got to speak with his mother for a few minutes she explained to me that she didn't think he had a whole lot of friends he lived on his own but didn't seem to hang out with a lot of people.  Between me and his friends we shared with her our online story.  My online friends and I span all over the United States and even overseas.  This has been hard on us all we told his mom we would like to do a online funeral because we would not all be able to make it to Oklahoma where he lived.  So the reason for this discussion is to see if anybody had any ideas on how we could pull this off.  We were thinking of using our Kinect but that only works between two people so we were going to do a private party chat with the Kinect being at the site of the funeral.  This is not a joke and we are not doing this for recognition.  My email is [Mod Removed]  it was made from our Clan name GOHB from Call of duty.  if anything I thought we should share his story with the community so the people that don't understand gamers may realize true friendships exist in online gaming even if you never no more than the title online. 

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: