Xbox Live Family Pack - Profiles on USB

I am considering upgrading my xbox live gold account to a family pack.  I read the FAQ about the family pack and I noticed that to add existing profiles onto the family pack, the profiles must reside on the console with the primary profile. 

My question is this: My family and I already store our profiles on USB drives.  We have multiple xbox consoles in our house and we like to move our profiles easily between them.  Will I need to move all of our profiles from the USB drives to the console before I add them to the family plan?  Or can I simply have the usb drives in the console with the profiles logged in when adding them to the family plan?

Any details on this would be greatly appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Just copy them to your HDD for setting it up and afterwards you can put it on the drive again

" that person could recover their account on a different console/storage device  and still remain a part of the Family Pack, "

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The key point is the use of the word "reside".  Does reside mean that I will have to copy the profiles to the internal storage (the HDD) on the console, or can they be on external storage (USB drive).  I guess it's not really a big deal either way.  I can always just move them around if necessary.  I just wanted to know so that I could prepare ahead of time.  Thank you for the responses.

Sorry this didn't help.

Q: I have multiple consoles in my family. Does my Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack have to reside only one of those consoles?

A: When an individual is added to an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, that person’s Xbox LIVE account must be on the same console as the primary account holder. However, once they are a part of your Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack, that person could recover their account on a different console and still remain a part of the Family Pack, as long as they reside in the same country as the primary account holder.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there Cygnus, I'm not 100% on this however I'm pretty positive that as long as the USBs are plugged into the same Xbox, then you should have no issues adding the members into the plan. They shouldn't have to be moved to the primary storage unit (hard drive/memory unit).

-

So in short, you would want to be signed in under the profile that purchased the family pack, and use the family center to add the profiles to the subscription, but the USB drives would need to be plugged in at the time you're looking to add members.

Sorry this didn't help.