Xbox Live Family Gold account with multiple consoles

OK. So I hope I can make this fairly clear.

I have a family gold account with 4 users. We currently only have one console, but I'd like to get another one so that my tv isn't always occupied. So here's the questions -

1. Will I be able to have my kids' accounts on the other console while mine is on my console?

2. Can the accounts be on both consoles? For example, can my son go from one to the other and still have his account for times when we want to play Forza together or whatever?

3. The Xbox games I buy off the market - will they be available on both consoles?

I think that's it. Can any of you folks answer these? I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks so much.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

1 & 2 - The accounts only have to be on the same console when you add them to the family plan. Once they're on the plan you can use the accounts on any console you want. So your kids could be signed into one console while you're on the other no problem.

3 - When you buy games and content it's tied to the gamertag that purchased the content as well as the console it was purchased on. So if you were to buy a game, you can use the game on any console as long as your gamertag is signed into Live. Your kids can use the game as long as they are playing it on the console you purchased it on, but they can only play the game on that console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks. So we can basically go back and forth between consoles as we please? It just sucks when you want to play on another console and have to play as a guest.

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes. You can download the gamertags to both consoles and switch back and forth whenever you want. You'd have to use the cloud service or something like a flash drive to move game saves back and forth though.

Sorry this didn't help.

Excellent!! I really appreciate your help!

Sorry this didn't help.