Firstly any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Here is some info to help you help me . . .
- I live in Sydney, Australia
- My modem/router brand & model number is NETGEAR Wireless-N ADSL2+ Modem Router Model DGN2000
- Network Connection Type: Wireless with the black two antenna external Xbox Wireless Network Adapter
- My wireless encryption type is WEP (keeping it simple)
- UPnP is Enabled
- For NAT and TCP/UPN stuff . . . my routers firewall settings are roughly this . . . Outbound nothings blocked . . . but inbound is block always . . . this might be the problem i don't understand port forwarding as much as I should . . . or really much at all . . .
- The error code I keep getting is the your MTU value is not high enough . . . however my MTU value is set to 1492 . . . which is all good in the hood . . . so its not that . . .
- I have ADSL2+ Broadband internet . . . and im pretty far from the tower so its not as fast as it could be . . .
- My internet service provider is TPG . . . nice and cheap and slow . . .
I've been able to download updates and it notifies me of my online friends but when I test the xbox live connection it gives me the TEST FAILED . . . your network doesn't have a suffiecient MTU setting. Xbox LIVE requires a minimum MTU setting of 1364 . . . .
I have also just gone over my download limit so my internet is a bit slow . . .
I also can't connect my laptop to xbox to play movies through vuze or connect360 . . .
any help would be great thank you for your time