Xbox LIVE Entertainment Apps Usage Up 50%

The number of people using entertainment apps on Xbox Live increased by nearly 50 percent globally from November to December, according to Microsoft mouthpiece Larry 'Major Nelson' Hryb.

The increase coincided with last month's launch of the new Metro dashboard, which puts entertainment front, centre and back on the Xbox 360's main menu. It also coincided with Christmas, when lots of people sit around watching films and listening to music.

The Major also said the hours of video consumed globally on Xbox Live increased 140 percent from 2010 to 2011.

Suggesting that the recent usage stats "illustrate our community's excitement around Xbox 360 becoming more personal, engaging and social through Xbox Live", he added: "Moving forward, you can expect to see more of the world's leading entertainment providers coming to Xbox and a continued rollout of additional entertainment apps."

Source = http://www.computerandvideogames.com/332599/xbox-live-entertainment-app-usage-up-50/

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

The Irony of the new dashboard and app use has not been missed by me.

My dahsboard is full of adverts yet I can watch youtube with no pop ups pre, post or mid roll adverts and thats why I've been using that app.

Now if only i could use my 360 to upload my new videos.................

Well since the new dashboard and new media apps, think more people on my Friends list spend time on them then playing games.

Wondered who would be the first to bring up Adverts...yawn

I'm not surprised after they've been shoving the apps in our faces since the dashboard updates.

I think I am in the minority of those who has no interest in them, bought the console as a games machine...the media side truly doesnt interest me

Holy obvious post Batman

I guess the fact that these apps didn't exist before might factor into this bold claim.. right?

:)

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

Well since the new dashboard and new media apps, think more people on my Friends list spend time on them then playing games.

Wondered who would be the first to bring up Adverts...yawn

[/quote]

Well

Wacky Waving inflatable arm flailing Tube men  [X]

you knew

Wacky Waving inflatable arm flailing Tube men

it would

Wacky Waving inflatable arm flailing Tube men

be me

-

-

-

they are rather a distraction and on youtube videos that are 30 second game trailer watching a 30 second advert before is annoying.

[quote user="Cokney Charmer"]

I think I am in the minority of those who has no interest in them, bought the console as a games machine...the media side truly doesnt interest me

[/quote]

Sorry what did you say I'm too busy with EA sports active and Learning to play the guitar here...........................

will anyone get the reference ?

Makes sense. Not everyone has easy access to 4OD and other such apps when they please. MUZU offers a perfect back-up for those who don't have Spotify and Youtube is just an additional bonus. However I do believe that the figures are probably distorted by those trying them briefly to see if they are 'all right', not actually using them on any regular basis.

What would be more interesting, is learning what Media apps are used the most, and which ones are barely touched

I removed 4OD because I was fed-up of the one minute LOVEFiLM advert before each video.