Xbox live drops in apps & games (tried static ip, dmz, mtu, etc)

I've tried everything I've seen listed, I've re-downloaded my profile twice and I'm still getting poor performance out of my wired connection.  I'm on cable and before the update my service was flawless.  I had everything wired and running through a Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH flashed with DD-wrt.  I had a static IP on the xbox and set up QoS to almost always prioritize traffic to/from that IP address.  Because of the service issues I was getting with the xbox and some unrelated problems with wireless, I changed the Buffalo router to a wireless access point and ran all of my wired connections (including the xbox) through an old linksys wrt-54g router (also flashed with dd-wrt and set up for QoS).  My computers are working fine, whether wired or wireless, whether through the gateway router or the access point.  I have end to end QoS and I'm still getting inconsistent service from XBL apps and games.

W: 0000-000B

X: 0000-000D

Y: 20A8-4800

Z: 0000-0000

ID FFFF-FFFF

L: 0015-10F0

Q: 8015-100C

T: Wired

A: 192.168.11.11/255.255.255.240

G: 192.168.11.1

D: 8.8.8.8/ 208.67.222.222

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey Informed, sorry to hear about the connection issues! Just to be sure, have you also tried resetting your network hardware? If that's not making any difference, could you simply try changing the Xbox network input to wireless, and then back to wired? Lastly, if you're still having this issue, can you test to see if a direct-modem connection produces the same issue?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Oh boy, here we go.  I've reset my hardware countless times.  Connected straight to the modem doesn't have the problem, so I knew the issue lies with my hardware.  

I updated to the latest recommended version of DD-WRT, still had the problem, switched to tomato since it has native bandwidth monitoring, still had the problem.  uPnP, manual forwards, triggers, DMZ, didn't matter.  I switched to wireless, which isn't really optimal for me, and now it's working flawlessly.  I'm not getting bursty transfers and even apps that I had given up on (lastfm and youtube) are working properly.

The console is usable again, but I'd really like to figure out what the issue with my wired connection is.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi,

If you can revert to the stock Buffalo firmware and get the same issue I'd say its an issue with the router itself, if you don't get the problem using the stock firmware I'd say DD-WRT is the issue and you'd have to speak to them about the issue

Sorry this didn't help.

i am haveing the same exact problem as soon as i Log into Xbox live and get on a game Xbox live drops my CPUs are working fine and everything

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Raven, sorry to hear about the connection issues! We'd love to help, but in order to provide the best support possible to both you and the OP, can you please create your own thread? When doing so, please take a few minutes to answer the bold questions at the bottom of this post! :-)

Sorry this didn't help.