Xbox Live down HELP!!!

Okay today at 8:30 or around that time I was gaming with my buddy on mw3 (BEST GAME EVER) okay now to the point. My xbox LIVE went down and I ended up on the start screen ( what the heck). Okay so I go to my guide button and it says i need to conect to xbox LIVE. Now my Internet is working 100% on all my laptops and what not just not my xbox. So i turn of my xbox.....turn it back on again and it says download this update. So I clicked ok and it said you have to connect to xbox LIVE to download this update. So I go to xbox LIVE conection click it the waited for it to connect..... it never did so I presume someone might be hacking the network or xbox is just having a few problems. I turn of my xbox..... and turn it back on again SAME So can anyone explain to me what has happend or if it is happening to you guys as well thanks....

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I'm afraid to tell you that you'll have to re-try connecting. Right now and probably for most of Tuesday, MS servers were being slammed by all the people who were rushing to get this Update. I had the same problem you did but waited a few minutes and tried again. It finally connected after about 15 minutes and downloaded the Update. Once it rebooted, it dis-connected again after about 10 minutes. I have been off for the last 20 minutes. Just keep trying and you'll eventually get in.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.