XBOX Live Doesn't want me.

For the past hour and a half, I have tried and tried to secure a subscription to gold so I could download Sleeping Dogs for free on it's last day. I wasn't sure if this was the right place, but please do point me in the right direction if it isn't.

I went out with money to buy a 3 month subscription card and it turned out the store I went to didn't carry them, so I purchased a gift card visa intending to use it on a subscription. I got back home, went on Xbox.com and went to sign up for gold. I was dismayed to find that there was no option for 3 months, just 1 month for free (still needed a credit card), 1 month for 9.99 and 12 months for 59.99. The card I purchased was $25, so the best I could get was one month through that. So I input the card into billing and tried the free option and it gave me this Error: "Change your settings to allow purchases:
Your settings are blocking purchases of free or paid content. If you still want to buy this, first change your settings to allow purchases. Parents will have to change this setting for children."

So I looked that up. Found something and went to fix the problem. Tried again and it gave me a different Error: "Use a different way to pay.  Your purchase can't be completed with this payment option.  Try a different or new way to pay."

So I looked that up. All I could find was information relating to people that were getting the same issue on the Xbox One. Not my issue at all. I still don't know the problem.

Then I went out and turned on my Xbox 360 to try to get the deal through there. I went to the settings tab, then to Account, then far to the right and selected Xbox Live Gold, hit purchase details and 3 options popped up; 1-month for 9.99, 3 months for 24.99 and 12 months for 59.99. So I chose 3 months and went ahead with the details that were already inputted. It acted as though it were loading and then went back to the box with the three options. I tried again with the 1-month option. It did the same thing. I tried changing setting on the microsoft site and etc. and tried again with both options. Same thing again. 

The only reason I'm signing up for live again at this time is to get Sleeping Dogs for free and frankly I'm getting beyond angry here. The deal will not be up for much longer and my attempts at getting Xbox Live have not been successful at all. If I do end up getting the live and can't get Sleeping Dogs, I don't know what I'll do, but I know I'll probably be even more miffed. PLEASE HELP. 

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 25 Applies to:

Hi,

Just for a heads up you cannot use the gift card to buy subscription. Subscription can be bought with credit card only from console/xbox.com or can be "toped-up" with pre-paid codes for subscription.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.