xbox live disconnects

i recently got my xbox live renewed and when i try to log in it will work until i start to play a game and then it disconnects from it, and even if i do get it to work while the game's going it only stays on for about 10 seconds or so, i was thinking it's because i have a bad modem but it had worked before my last subscription expired and my modem was bad then so i'm not sure, could it be that the modem has gotten worse since then or what? any suggestions on how to fix this?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey Righteous, sorry to hear about those disconnections! If you're being disconnected right away, the first thing I recommend is resetting your network hardware. You can reset your modem and router by unplugging power to both for about 15 seconds. When restoring power, plug the modem in first, and then wait for all of the lights on the modem to come up. When those are all active, plug in the router. Once those lights are flashing normally, go ahead and run a LIVE connection test on the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I tried that but it still disconnects me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey righteous, have you try to Clear XBOX System Cache? If you did not, please read the following; support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

Sorry this didn't help.