Xbox Live disconnects

In June 2013, i purchased an Xbox live Gold subscription for my son. For two months everything worked perfectly. The way my son explains it, he was playing with a new person online and eventually accepted this person thru a friend request. Almost immediatly, he was kicked out of XBL and his machine turned off. He turned the unit back on and attempted to sign back in. It said error with sign in, try again later. He tried unsuccessfully for a week to sign in with no results. During this time, he also had a cable outage that ended up with us having to replace our router and wifi device. After replacing the hardware, the service technician went thru and reset all the settings The XBL then began to work but only for a few days. My question is could it be possible that my son's Xbox has been hacked in some way or may have gotten a virus. Any assistance you can give me would be greatly appreciated.  How do i know if the router and wifi settings are correct. Upon certain attempts to sign in, the system on occasion also throws out messages about securing your account more thouroughly but seems to put you into the router/network settings page and i am not sure what those settings should be, or if they are incorrect to begin with. I have allready tried turning off routers and the wifi. I have allready contacted my ISP and there are no issues with connections, the xbox works online just not XBL. I am puzzled as to what to do but am frustrated that several months worth of subscription have gone to waste.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to: