Xbox Live Disconnects When Idle on the Dashboard or in Single Player Games

I've started to have trouble over the last few weeks with Xbox Live disconnecting when I'm on the dashboard or when I'm playing a game single player. I've played co-op games in parties with friends and played multi-player without an issue. It seems to only happen when I'm playing single player or when idle on the dashboard. I've reset my modem/router and it doesn't seem to help. I'm using a wired I've run test connections without errors. All other devices work fine and my speed tests  have come out well (usually 30 down and 5 up).

I've seen similar issues and I think I have all the needed info below. Thanks for your help.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? US
Modem brand & model number: Ubee DDW3611 
Router brand & model number: Ubee DDW3611
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
Things you have tried: Rebooted the router several times.
Is UPnP Enabled? No
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No error
Any Error Codes you encounter: 
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner Cable (Roadrunner)
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000-000B
X: 0000-F001
Y: 20A8-48E0
Z: 0000-0000
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L: 0015-0435
Q: 8007-0435
T: Wired
D: 209.18.47.61/209.18.47.62
S:
C:

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 270 Applies to:

Hi there Tinman4ever!

Sorry to hear you're getting randomly disconnected on your dashboard. Often times these type of issues can simply be a result of your profile being out of sync with the Xbox Live server. Clearing the system cache and re-downloading your profile often clears this up.  Doing this is fairly simple, just follow these steps!

Clear System Cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  2. Select Storage or Memory.
  3. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
  4. Select Clear System Cache.
  5. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

Re-Download Profile

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  2. Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.
  3. Enter the Microsoft Account address for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.
  4. Enter the Password for the Microsoft Account.
  5. If your account is an Xbox LIVE Child Account, the Parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.
  6. Pick the Storage Device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit.)
  7. When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to Remember Your Password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!
  8. Sign In, and retry.

It's also important to note that your Ubee DDW3611 has a known issue that is documented on the DDW 3611 page on the Xbox Hardware forums.

Known Issues

This device will give NAT-like issues, random disconnections and in-game errors (such as "Call of Duty Servers Unavailable") while IP Flood Detection and Firewall Protection are enabled.  Try disabling one or both to resolve the issue

You may want to look into disabling the IP Flood Detection and Firewall Protection to see if the connection improves.

Let us know how that goes and if you still have issues disconnecting.

Cheers!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I've played single player and been idle for a while. Looks like clearing the system cache and re-downloading the profile did it. Thanks so much, IAmThePartyGod! I never would have considered that option.

Sorry this didn't help.

Glad to hear that did the trick!

It's an overlooked fact that an out-of-sync profile causes a myriad of strange issues. If you see more problems over the next few days feel free to update us here about them. And keep in mind that the Ubee gateway you have does have a few known issues. In all honesty they most likely won't cause an issue for you per se, but knowing about the problem before it occurs is always best.

Remember what G.I. Joe says: Knowing is half the battle. The other half is shooting bad guys.

Sorry this didn't help.