Xbox Live Disconnects then reconnects from Multiplayer games and Parties

Hello all,

I've spent countless hours looking through these forums and other sites in order to solve my internet disconnects.I will be able to play for a period of time before being disconnected from matchmaking and party. It does this without having me disconnect from Xbox Live and resign in, but rather just says i have lost connection to other players/host. A few seconds after disconnecting i will reconnect back to the party and game normally. I did NOT use to have these issues before, but they have become rather annoying as of late. Also to note, when i do use a router for my xbox and PC, ONLY the xbox disconnects. Also another thing that i noticed is that my modem connected directly to my xbox has more of a stutter lag. when my router is used, i don't have this stutter lag, but i still disconnect using both.

I have tried the following:

1. Resetting all my network hardware

2. Clearing System Cache

3. Trying different Ethernet Cords

4. Bypassing the Router and Just using the Modem

5. Contacting My ISP

6. Opening the required ports as stated in support forums here.

7. Manually set network setting on XBOX in correlation to ipconfig settings.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  California

Modem Brand/Model Number?
Motorola SB5120

Router Brand/Model Number? Netgear n-300 wierless (only use wired setting though)

Is UPNP enabled? Yes

Any error codes? No

ISP: Comcast

W: 0000- 000B

X:  0000- F001

Y:   20A8-4840

Z:  0000- 0000

ID: FFFF- FFFF

L: 8015- 100D

Q: 8015-100D

T: Wired

Speed Test.net results

Ping: 17ms

Download Speed: 24.51 Mbps

Upload Speed: 4.20 Mbps

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 41 Applies to:

Also, The lights on my modem and router remain the same when i disconnect, they do not blink as if it has lost connection.

The lights are as follows:

Recieve

Send

Activity

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

To eliminate local profile corruption, I'd redownload your profile after deleting it.

Delete profile from your console

1) go to www.xbox.com/accounts  & click on Sign in at upper right - if you can't sign in then ** STOP: DON'T ** delete your profile. Please call Xbox Support

http://tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers Option 2 for help with your account. If you can sign in, delete & redownload your profile on your Xbox this way:

2) Go to Settings - pick System - choose Storage - pick All Devices - choose Gamer Profiles

3) pick the gamertag choose Delete, and pick Delete Profile Only.

This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements. Now, re-download your profile.

Re-download

1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button

2) Select Download Profile (and if you don't see it, press the blue X button to make sure you're not signed in) and proceed with Profile Download.

3) Enter the Microsoft Account addresse for your Xbox LIVE gamertag when asked.

4) Enter the password for the Microsoft Account.

4A) If your account is an Xbox LIVE child account, the parent’s Windows Live ID & password is required as well to download your profile.

5) Pick the storage device for your profile (choose Hard Drive if you have one, or Memory Unit if you don't have a Hard Drive).

6) When the download completes you will be asked if you want the console to remember your password. If it's your home console, I'd say yes, otherwise I'd

think carefully about leaving my profile unprotected on somebody else's Xbox!

7) Sign in, and retry.

I'd also suggest turning off UPnP since it conflicts with Port Forwarding

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.