Xbox Live disconnects randomly?

I recently bought a 250GB new Xbox 360 (new model) and connected to live just fine. Though it randomly disconnects me somewhere between an hour - four hours of being logged in, and when i try to re-log in, it tells me it can't and i should do a internet connection test, so i do. The test shows it can't connect to my internet, but if i restart the Xbox 360, the internet is fine and no errors come up.

I know it's not my internet since there's no problems with the PS3, computer's or laptop's being used in the house over, well, all year round.. Just the 360 decides to disconnect and won't allow me to re-log in until i've restarted the 360.

My NAT type is open.

UPNP is enabled.

No firewalls that i know of preventing the 360 from accessing Xbox live.

Any suggestions? It's becoming a pain when i get kicked off from playing Halo reach online, then having to wait 10 minutes for being banned from quiting games, when actually i was kicked off.

Any responses are much appreciated!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 14 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No one can help? :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have EXACTLY the same problem! Randomly disconnects and then tells me to test my connection when I try to re-connect. Turn xbox on and off, and it's fine again?! Driving me crazy. Oh, bump.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Crankz! I absolutely can help! Just a heads up though, please allow at least 24 hours for an official response here on the forums.

That said, I understand you are having issues with your console connecting to the internet consistently, correct? Do you get any kind of error message when you run the test and it shows you cannot connect to the internet? I would suggest taking a look at some basic steps for these types of issues, which can be found in this support doc (support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-access-internet-problem-connection-978953). Please make sure to let me know what steps you try in addition to these and we'll go from there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

When i test connection, after randomly disconnecting, it tells me my internet fails, with no error message. When i restart the console, internet's fine, everything work's perfectly.. If i press Y for status, it says:

Not Banned \ NTSC | Ethernet

w: 0000-0021

X: 0000-F001

Y: 20A8-4840

Z: 0000-0000

Those codes, followed by others, but i looked up the error codes and these are the one's i'm having. No idea what they mean, so any insight would be usful.

Other info would be my NAT is open, UPNP is enabled, no firewalls that i know of, bandwidth is average (according to halo reach) whatever bandwidth is.. erm, live disconnects randomly, usually after about 3 hours, but still a pain when playing with friends.

Any help would be great!

Thanks in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.

RCrankz,

I'm having a similar issue, but I have an older 360.

Mine occurs ONLY (thus far) while I'm watching Netflix or Zune Movies. It will randomly do it while using either application, however, I can connect back to the internet instantly. I recently had to replace my wireless adapter (it ended up "dying") and assumed that was the main issue, but it still does it with the new wireless adapter (the double antennae adapter from Xbox). I also have issues with LastFM on its own during a song it is like some songs have been edited and the music and lyrics are bleeped out with silence for a prolonged time or will continuously do it. Kind of like the song is buffering, but it isn't.

I know this doesn't help you, but hopefully someone will see our issues and cypher out the problem from one or the other because they are similar.

Best Regards!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey RCrankz, can you provide a little more information about your modem/router, brand&model?

Sorry this didn't help.

RCrankz,

few tips you can try:

- assign a static IP address for you XBOX MAC address on your router (so your console obtain the same IP every time)

- make sure you have following ports open Port 88 (UDP), Port 3074 (UDP and TCP),Port 53 (UDP and TCP),Port 80 (TCP)  for the static IP you provided to your XBOX

- ask your internet provider if you have public IP address or not, in case not they should be able to assign one for you (some providers are charging additional costs for that)

- try to connect your console with a cable (in case you are connected via wireless at the moment)

Not saying it will hep, but at least, you can try :o)

Hopefully your issue will be resolved soon!

Sorry this didn't help.

I had this problem too, every hour or so I would just be disconnected. I called xbox live support and did every thing they suggested, network test, clear cache, delete/recover gamertag, new ethernet cord, called the cable company, etc..., and none of it worked. Finally after trying everything suggested, I gave my xbox a static IP and opened all necessary ports on the router, I haven't been disconnected since. If I were you that is what I would try, everything else I tried was a waste of time and money.

Sorry this didn't help.

For anyone else with a LIVE connection issue, please create a new thread in this forum for us to assist you in. Thank you for your understanding!

Sorry this didn't help.

I have been getting disconnected from XBL for the last week now, 99% of the time when I am playing Skyrim for lengthy amount of time.  After playing and returning to dashboard it will usually automatically reconnect to XBL.  Messenger on the other hand disconnects after a few min during any game i play for any amount of time and while streaming video.

Sorry this didn't help.