Xbox Live Disconnects as soon as I turn it on, start up loading seems longer than normal, freezing on dashboard when I reconnect.

Hey everyone, my console has just developed a frustrating problem. Whenever I turn on my Xbox, it disconnects me right from the start and then when I do reconnect it freezes on the dashboard. It just now started this morning. My friend told me that it may be because I have things put into my usb ports,  but that wasn't the case. This has become a very annoying event and what makes it even worse is that I just got my pre-ordered copy of [Prototype 2] :( . My friend also recomended that I play my xbox offline to see if the freezing persists. If anyone could help me out on this problem it would be much appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

sorry to hear were losing a fellow gamer =(...talk with your ISP or get expert help from an xbox agent.you can try to chat with an xbox agent online here

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there Scarie! I'd like to confirm with you what you are experiencing. Does this happen with any profile on your console or just yours. If just yours, can you try downloading your profile again from the main sign in menu (forums.xbox.com/.../153143.aspx) to see if that helps. Let us know how that goes, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I followed Mister Gwyther's instructions and found myself stuck at the "signing in" loading scree...... I am on the verge of trading in all my Xbox property and purchasing some more games for my PS3. :(

Sorry this didn't help.

since its mostly of a "connection" problem your final destination would be to have a talk with your isp.and did you test your internet speed?if so can you please post it to the forums please...go here to test your internet speed...if you link didnt work copy and paste this http://speedtest.net/

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, Scarie10! My apologies for these difficulties. We definitely want to help you out with this issue! To confirm, are you stuck at signing in before or after you re-downloaded your profile? Do you see any error messages? I would recommend turning the console off, switching it on and trying to log in again. Thanks in advance. Hang in there!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the answer! I have heard of hard drives causing this kind of damage to an xbox  but I wasn't really sure if it was doing it to mine. I will go through my  hard drive and see how it plays. Thanks alot!

Sorry this didn't help.

if you look into your hard drive look for the ! sign.if there is, immediatley delete it and clear system cache also try to play with your hard drive disconnected and if the freezing stops then there might be something in your hard drive thats causing this problem.and are you using wireless internet or hard wire also go  here to check your internet speed... good luck,if the issue still persists than call up xbox at 1-800-469-9269

Sorry this didn't help.

*sigh* The problem continues to persist. I suffer loss of connection to Xbox Live and slow loading times when I start up my console and when I navigate my dashboard. Is it a bad enough problem to send to microsoft or is there any other fixes I could try before I resort to that? Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

no problem,just keep looking for solutions to your issue so you can get back to gaming!

Sorry this didn't help.

JDM: The ping is 35ms. ... Download speed is 14.71 mbps..... And the upload speed is 1.48 mbps.

Mister Gwyther: I haven't tried signing in with any other profile because mine is the only one on there with Xbox Live Gold Membership. But I will try downloading it from the link.

Thanks for the help guys!

Sorry this didn't help.