XBox Live disconnecting in the middle of play.

XBox live will connect with no issue, and I will being to play. I have no internet issues and even contacted my ISP which tested my connection and said everything was fine. I did this because, in the middle of playing the XBox Live will drop off giving me a warning that nothing will be saved. I lose all that was needed to start the game and achievements during play. This is disconcerting since the only way to retrieve more of this is through playing online uninterrupted or with real money. This problem is new since the new year, but has been occurring often since. I did a network test after a disconnect and it would only fail at the XBox Live check. In about a minute after the disconnect, the connection is restored as if nothing was wrong.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Hey Jolly, sorry to hear about the issues with staying connected to LIVE! Okay, two things here. First, can you please tell us the exact error message you're getting while playing online (and if it's only with one game, what game is that)? Secondly, can you please try resetting your network hardware? You can reset your modem and router by unplugging power to both for about 15 seconds. When restoring power, plug the modem in first, and then wait for all of the lights on the modem to come up. When those are all active, plug in the router. Once those lights are flashing normally, go ahead and run a LIVE connection test on the console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.