XBOX LIVE: disconnecting and unable to connect

I just recently returned my PS3 for an xbox about a few months ago. The first month with it was swell, no problems at all just pure fun and laughs. Now my xbox has me regretting I ever left my PS3. And I'm dead serious when I say I will buy a brand new PS3 and keep my xbox just to beat it with a bat.

So the problem is that on my other account [mod removed] everytime I play Call of Duty Black Ops (specifically that game) I ALWAYS get disconnected from xbox live every 10-15 minutes. It would log me out then give me a message that says disconnected from xbox live. However, any game I play when I am in a party chat, it always says that everyone left the party when they didnt. So I have to join the party again and again and again...

I would have to turn off my xbox and turn it back on for it to reconnect....then start the damn process all over again after 10 minutes.

However, when I play other games such as Halo Reach, I have no problems at all besides the party chat problems which occur rarely during Halo. So thats the wierd part.

*And as I am writing this, I cant even connect to my wifi. To whom it may concern, I have a D-Link Wifi box thingy and a Toshiba router, which is fairly old. And it is NOT my wifi's problem because as I said, I am writing this while my stupid xbox is unable to connect. So yeah...what the hell.

Anyway, is it an internal problem with my xbox? Should I buy a new one? Or should I just get a PS3 again, which had no problems at all?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hey mate, we'll need as much info as possible to help out. Please check out the questions in bold at the bottom of this post, and then answer them in your thread. Thanks!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?:  Honolulu, Hawaii

Modem brand & model number:  Ugh....D-Link Modem...it says DIR-615

Router brand & model number: Toshiba PCx2600

Network Connection Type: Wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?: (What?)

Things you have tried: Unplugging the motem and router then reconnecting (didnt work)

Is UPnP Enabled? Unknown

Is NAT Type Open?  Unknown

Any Error Codes you encounter: No, it just logs me out

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? (Geeez, Im 13 I have no idea!)

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? (...?)

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen? It says that there was an error connecting to my motem

Sorry this didn't help.

Well, it looks like there's a lot of info missing there. You may want to ask a parent if they can sit down with you and help you answer the questions with as much detail as possible. Also, what's the EXACT message you're getting onscreen, the one about the modem?

Sorry this didn't help.