Xbox Live Disconnecting All the TIme

I'm having trouble with my Xbox live it seems to have started after the Feb 16 update my console signs in when turned on when I start a game it connects but as soon as start playing said game it will disconnect after 10 mins or sometimes up to an hour. 

What Country/State/Province do you live in? England, Yorkshire

Modem Brand & Model number: Virgin Media Ambit E08C013.00

Router Brand & Model Number: Netgear WGR614v9

Not Wireless

Things I have tried: I have opened all ports, connected directly to modem, changed NAT settings, tried different channels. Still does the same.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes

No NAT error

No error codes

Who is your USP? Virgin Media

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0000 - 000D

Y: 20A8 - 4800

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 0015 - 10F1

Q: 0015 - 10F1

T: Wired

A: 192.168.1.4/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.1.1

D: 192.168.1.1/192.168.1.1

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

@Jim: Sounds great! And, these codes would be the ones I'm referring to:

W: 

X: 

Y: 

Z: 

ID: 

L: 

Q: 

T: 

A: 

G: 

D: 

@Flyer - thanks for your post! If you haven't already, we would really appreciate you creating a new thread detailing your issue so that we can provide you the best help while still being able to focus on the OP of this thread. Don't forget to include the information requested by our Start Here sticky as well! Thanks! :D 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

this has been a problem with mine aswell and it all started with the new dashboard update and you cant say its my router as iv had my service provider test it four times and im with a different service provider then jim

Sorry this didn't help.

What status codes do you mean. Also I will try and test it on another network over the weekend.

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you Jim - that is a bit unsettling. Do you have another network you can try your console on? That would certainly help us positively identify an issue. Also, would you be able to supply the "More Status" information codes while you are connected directly to your modem? I'd be interested to see if they differ at all.

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried connecting directly to router and then the modem resetting the network settings but it still disconnects after about 15-30 mins. Im completely out of ideas now its so frustrating I cant see it being something on my end now if been everything ive been asked to do so I think its up to you now.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello Jim - Thanks for your post! At this point, I'm going to suggest connecting directly to your router, then resetting your console's network settings to their defaults. This will get us back to a clean slate, and if you still have issues, then it will significant narrow down the possible cause for us. In order to reset these settings:

• Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
  • Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter from the USB port (if you are using an adapter).
  • Turn on your console.
  • Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
  • Select Network Settings.
  • Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
  • Select Configure Network.
  • On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults

Note This resets only the network settings and does not change other console settings.
  • Turn off your console.
  • Wireless connection only: Plug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter back into the USB port (if you are using an adapter).
  • Turn on your console.

Wireless only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.
  • Test your Xbox LIVE connection. To do this, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Select Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so), and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

After this, try connecting to your modem, and bypassing your router completely. Let us know what the behavior is like - does it get better, or is it the same? We'll go from there! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Tried what was advised still does the same thing this is beyond a joke now. Over a month of problems and still no fix cheers Microsoft. Another satisfied customer

Sorry this didn't help.

thanks I'll have a go and get back to you if it works or not

thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

im guessing your connection drops more often when your idle of playing a single player game? if so it can be fixed by bumping up your MTU size and setting your 360's LAN settings to manual.

1) In your internet browser type in the the address bar 192.168.1.1, a message box will appear asking for you to enter the username and password you have set.

-If you never set a username and password they should be either admin (for the user name) and password or just leave it blank (for the password)

2) This should log you into your router (judging by the info you have given in your post).

3) You will need to locate a tab in this menu that reads something like either "Network Configuration", "Setup" or "WAN Connection" (you may need to invite me to your xbox live party if you feel overwhelmed with the routers interface, and i can help), but once you locate a setting labeled "MTU Size", set it from what ever it is to 1500.

Judging by the information given, set your LAN on your 360 console settings under Configure Network to

IP Settings                            Manual

IP Address                 192.168.1.16

Subnet Mask           255.255.255.0

Gateway                        192.168.1.1

this will force your router to accept your 360 consoles LAN IP as a Static IP in the DHCP

(Note: these IP settings i just gave will ONLY work for you and a couple of other xbox 360 users with similar settings, anyone else viewing this page should NOT use these settings as they may not be compatible with their current network set up)

also write down your DNS servers (both primary and secondary) and set it to manual using your settings you wrote down as it may not detect them using automatic.

anyone viewing this page needing help or if they have a similar problem can message me over xbox live stating your issue in the text message section first. (please speak decent English as its the only language i speak and it will greatly help communication)

Sorry this didn't help.