Xbox Live constantly dis-connects me!

This was happening before I bought the gold membership , But I only but the gold yesterday and I'd be in the middle of a death match or online game and it would randomly dis-connect me from Xbox Live ,It happens every 15-20 minutes and is annoying as hell! I ran all the tests on the internet etc and everything was fine , I checked the cables on my modem everything was fine and in place , My Xbox is also the wifi one so no cable connects to it from my modem , Does anyone know how to resolve this if so that would be great!

Thanks in Advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 16 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

i'd try resetting your router and xbox,clearing cache,and moving position of your router,there may be some interference from other electrical quipment in and around your house

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

How do i clear my cache?

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

I also have this problem thought it was the router so ordered a new one  my router is plugged directly dsl filter which is brand new and my router is brand new and still getting this problem all cables are new!

I have 2 xboxes in my house my sons is fine it only happens to mine

Sorry this didn't help.

@ Original Poster:

If you are having problems wirelesly connecting to Xbox Live then please try this as it is what Customer Support did with me when I had the same problem and it worked a treat.

1) Assuming you have access to your router/modem once logged into the settings page look for something called uPnP Settings. And uncheck the box that says "Enable uPnP".

2) Then look for something that says "DMZ Host". In here we are going to assign your Xbox 360 an IP Address so that is may connect directly to the internet - you will need to note this address down.

2a) For the DMZ Host Address try: 192.168.0.75 and your Default Gateway should be: 192.168.0.1 though there maybe variations to the last two segments.

3) Once you have done this have a look for somewhere that allows you to adjust the wireless channel of your router/modem. I was told by Customer Support that there are three ideal channels for the Xbox 360 and they are: 1, 6, 11. Myself I use Channel 6 and it works a treat. Once you have done the above steps save the settings and exit the admin page of your router/modem.

4) One your Xbox 360 Navigate to Network Settings (Xbox Guide Button > System Settings > Network Settings) once here look for your wireless connection and once you have found that click on it and scroll over to Additional Settings. When in this menu scroll down to the option that says "Restore Factory Default". Once you have done this return to the System Settings page.

5) Now goto Storage and press Y for Device Options then choose Clear System Cache.

6) Return to Network Settings and let the Xbox console scan for you wireless network. Once it has found it click on it and choose Configure Network. The top box with IP Settings, IP Address etc should be highlighted choose this and click on it.

7) Click on IP Settings and set the option to Manual. Now set the IP Address to the one you wrote down earlier which was 192.168.0.75 and click save. The Subnet Mask is: 255.255.255.0 and the Default Gateway should be: 192.168.0.1. This is the address of your Router/Modem and should be written on the side of it though it maybe called Web Address as well.

8) Once you have done that Click Save/Done and now go to Test Xbox Live Connection. It should go through fine and you should be able to connect to Xbox Live but during the Test Connection you maybe be prompted with a Yellow Warning on the part between Internet and Xbox Live, this simply means that when you play online you will have a Moderate NAT type.

9) If when you look at Network Settings and your Wireless Connection is not consistently pulling four bars try adjusting your wireless channel to one of the others I mentioned above.

I hope the long process above helps you as it did me.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for that but I ca connect it just di-connects me every 15-20 minutes..

Sorry this didn't help.

@MartyB96 Have you tried any of the troubleshooting steps (troubleshooting and improving wireless) from the link Shad0wmanUK posted?

@JR OOSH UN1T Appreciate if you create a new thread, detailing your issue. You can save yourself some time by answering a few questions for us. Please read: START HERE! And post back in full detail (the bits that are in bold).

Thanks! 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yes I have tried the troubleshooting steps and still dis-connecting

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello MartyB96,

Also, sometimes a simple download of your profile to your Xbox 360 console can help with those issues.

Give all of the suggestions here in this thread a shot, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

ive got nearly the same problem!

I have Xbox Live connection all the time but suddenly DISCONNECT! i dont know why! my internet is working normal!

I am playing xbox live since 2 years without problems with this router and this settings.... ive got 2 Xbox...one in the living room and 1 in the bedroom :) i am playing with the same accountat both...

what can i do? is xbox live sometimes down? when i am disconnected of xboxlive my friends dont have the same problem!

i have the problem since 2 days now.... i dont know why.... ive got the problem since ive bought the turtle beach PX5 wireless Headset! can be this a problem?

Please help me !!

Sorry this didn't help.