XBOX Live Connection/Disconnection Issues

I am another unhappy gamer who has been unable to either connect to or stay connected for any more than 5 minutes to LIVE:

What Country/State/Province do you live in: UK
Router brand & model number: Netgear DGN1000
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Same issue on both Wired and Internal Wireless
Things you have tried: 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
NAT: Open
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  Orange/BT
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)I get a variety of numbers, but I don't have them all to hand, but I either get an ICMP connection failure, a cannot connect to live, or I get a successful live connection.

Once I run the test and can see live I used to be able to just connect upto LIVE and then have it drop, but over the last couple of days I even with a successful LIVE connection I still get a error when I try and sign into LIVE.

I have power cycled all of the Networking equipment, including a full factory reset of the Router.

I have reset to facory defualts on both the wired and wireless on the console

I have done a System Cache clear

My GT is on a Memory stick and I have used in on another white Xbox on the same network via a wired connection and that will connect to LIVE with no issues what so ever, so I do not waht to try and do a GT restore as A: other people with the same issue have done this and it doesn't fix the problem, and B: it works fine on the 2nd console so I don't think it is a GT issue.

I know I will probably get a standard please try this step from Support, but I just wanted to log that I also have an issue:

I must say after trawling through these forums and looking at the number of poeple that are having very, very similar problems with differing network equipment, ISP and setups, I am surprise that someone within XBOX support hasn't put 2 and 2 together and are responding with something different to the standard "Please try this:"

I work in a support environment, and if we had the same things being reported by a resonable number of our customers, we would be looking into it and letting our customers know we were aware of a potential issue.  I know the % of affected users is small, but I would expect some form of formal responce.

As a related note, even the member of staff in the store I brought the console from is having the same problem with his 250G Slim.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 105 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I forgot to add I have also setup a static IP and done Port Forwarding with no joy.

I may be attracting some flamers with my comments in the last post, but I have been having this issue for a number of weeks and it has been getting worse and worse.  Disconnects I could cope with to a point, but now not being able to get on at all is very frustrating.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey Wargot, sorry to hear about the connection issues, not to mention the frustration. I can definitely understand your perception of these issues on the forums, though having been working in this forum for some months now, I can tell you that we're able to resolve many of these connection issues through relatively simple steps. :-) It's hard to get a feel for that because unresolved issues tend to stay at the top while resolved issues sink to the bottom, but if you bear with us, I'm confident we can straighten out your connection.

I understand you're hesitant to re-download your profile, but could you please give that a try for us on one of the consoles? I understand that you have your profile saved to a USB, which you can continue using; still, if the issue persists after the profile has been downloaded, we'll have a better idea of the issue. Lastly, can you please take a few minutes to run another test and then post the full text listed under 'more info' in the results? I'd like to take a look at those codes if profile download doesn't resolve the issue. :-) Thank you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Mister Fitzer

I have spend some time doing a number of things tonight and I have had a variety of results.

Firstly I was able to connect to XBL and sign in OK.  However this brought the whole of my network at home to a grinding halt.  this may have just been too much traffic.  One thing to note was that i was not getting any images on any or the advert tiles in the dashboard.  I didn't do a status report at this time.

I then tried a bit later on and I didn't sign in and when I ran a Network test it ran all the way through and said that it was connected to XBL.  I had the following results for the status:

W:  0000 - 000B

Sorry this didn't help.

Start that again:

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0600 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: FFFF - FFFF

L: 8015 -190B

Q: 8007 - 0435

T: Wired

A: 192.168.0.6/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.0.1

D: 192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

When I tried to log in I was told that "There was a problem connecting to Live".

I then tried to re-download my profile and it told me that "There was a problem, Live currently not available"

I then re-ran the Network test and got the following status results:

W: 0000 - 000B

X: 0600 - F001

Y: 20A8 - 4840

Z: 0000 - 0000

ID: 0006 - 0001

L: 8015 - 1925

Q: 0015 - 10F1

T: Wired

A: 192.168.0.6/255.255.255.0

G: 192.168.0.1

D: 192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

Sorry if I came across a bit agressive, but I have not been able to log into (and stay connected to) XBL on this console for about 3 weeks, and I have got a load of Cars that I want to put into my Club garage in Forza 4 and I can't.

Thanks for your help so far.

Sorry this didn't help.

When you say that you have tried it on another Xbox on the same network. Is this the network in your home or at a friends?

Sorry this didn't help.

It is another Xbox on the same home network.  It was just a case of moving the memory stick with my profile from the slim to the old white Xbox.

I also have tried logging on with my wife's XBL profile on the slim console, and that wouldn't log in either, hence why I came to the conclusion it wasn't a profile issue.

Sorry this didn't help.

Make sure that you have the latest firmware: support.netgear.com/.../12208

When you setup a static IP and did port forwarding did you set UPnP off?

Before you make any network changes on your Xbox reset network settings to defaults first.

Just wondering, is it the latest dashboard on both consoles?

Sorry this didn't help.

I have check the Firmware Version, and although on the Netgear Site is states the lastest is V1.1.00.41 on my router it is V2.1.00.39 so it is up to date (although I am not sure what difference this would make).

Yes I did turn off UPnP when I set the port forwarding up, and I could see within the logs that the connections were being established via the port forwarding rules (or at least attempting to be estabished).

I have reset to the defaults on the network on the console both before and after making the changes.

Yes both the consoles have the latest dashboard (the old white console wouldn't be able to connect to XBL otherwise).

Sorry this didn't help.

Did this start after the latest dashboard update or before? If so you can try delete and reinstall the dashboard.

In the storage options where it list all your storage devices press X, LB, RB, X, LB, RB, X.

Also, search the HDD for any corrupted files.

Sorry this didn't help.

I started after the Dashboard update.

I have removed the update the system re-started and then upon startup did not log me into XBL.  I got a message saying "An update needs to be installed before you can used Kinect, please connect to Live".

I seached the HDD for any corrupt files but couldn't find any.

I then ran a network connection test, at which time it was able to connect to XBL and it told me that an update was available.  I installed this update (took it's time doing it).

Once the update installed, I then re-ran the network test and it connected through to XBL OK.  However upon sign in I was given the "Some XBL conent is currently unavailable (Status code 80072ee2).

I did try and go into any games, but this was what I was getting when the problem first started.  So I forsee that it will start not connecting at all within the next few days.

Sorry this didn't help.