Xbox Live Connection

Hey, fellow Xbox users. I'm having a bit of trouble with my Xbox live connection.

It starts when I turn on my console. It brings up the dashboard and all I see is "My Xbox" and "Welcome" tabs.

So I click the Xbox Guide button and notice I'm not connected to Xbox Live for some reason. So I go along to clicking the "Connect to Xbox LIVE" button.

Wait about half a second for it to sign me in, and to my cheerful surprise a window comes up saying:

"Can't connect to Xbox LIVE. Select Test Connection to troubleshoot, or try recovering your profile For more info, go to www.xbox.com/support."

So I click "Test Connection" and the new window pops up for "Available Networks" so I click my WIRELESS network and go to Network Setting.

I click "Test Xbox LIVE Connection" "Warning: Testing your network connection will sign everyone out. Continue?" I click Yes. and it starts the test.

On average about 3 minutes into every test a wonderful red X appears either on the First line or second. "Test Failed, there's a problem with your connection. Select more info for a description of the problem and how you can fix it." I click More Info, try everyone on of those steps and none of them work. So I remembered!

Go to www.xbox.com/support. Went there found the problems I was looking for. Tried all the solutions, again none of them work still the same "Test Failed." So, now I found the last step on the support page, it says for more info try using the forum. And alas here is my strangely long post on my problem, Thanks in advance for the help.

-PrestigiousFool

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

What model of network hardware do you have? Please post in this format: forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.