Xbox live connection

Hello,

Ok i had my xbox 360 for a while know i went and bought the Wfi network adapter called wireless N with the 2 Antenas any ways when i try going on xbox live sometimes it doesnt even let me sign on and when it does all the linksys bars would remain white none would be green i can hardly play with my friends on forza without sigining out every 5 seconds and it is really started to get annoying can any 1 please help 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Wireless has a limited range (usually about 25 ft).  It  is also subject to interferance from other wireless or electronic devices around.  

You might be to far away from your router, for wireless to work well, or you might have to much electronic "stuff" around for it to work well.  

Try moving your Xbox and router closer together.  YOu can also try changing the wireless channel on your router. Some channels work better than others.  

You might want to look into Powerline adapters.  They can work well when wireless does not.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i just moved it a little closer to my door and when i turned it on it came right on and signed into xbox live but still it has no green bars but on my computer it has 3 bars thats weird

Sorry this didn't help.

another trick you can do is get a USB extension cable and use it to connect your wireless adapter to the back of your Xbox.  That will allow you to move your adapter up and away from your Xbox and perhaps get better connections.

Sorry this didn't help.