xbox live connection problems

Hey guys, im having trouble connecting my xbox to xbox live. It usually connects to network, then internet and finally xbox live whenever i test connection (wired). But just before july it stopped working and wouldnt connect to network and just says Ip address error. Ive tried everything that people told me to do but it never works. Alot of my friends said it was because of my ethernet cable but my xbox still detects the ethernet because it lets me go into the wired network menu. Can someone please help me, i got bored after a while of playing offline and decided to do something about it. I bought 3 months gold and entered it a few days before it stopped connecting so im wasteing my membership aswell. If anyone has any solutions to my problem could you please contact me at [mod remove] or simply reply to this post.

Thanks.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Try a new cable. It could be your cable is fine but losing its connection intermittently. I also have a wired connection to my xbox from my cable modem. If it ever disconnects, first I check my PC to see if I lost the internet, if that is ok, I check my router (which a simple reboot helps). Otherwise, the simpliest "fix" is either resetting the ethernet cable (pull out, put back in) or try a new one, then do the network test on XBOX.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thanks i'll try a new ethernet next time i see one. What do you mean by the cable is losing its connection intermittently?

Sorry this didn't help.

Greetings, PaRaDoX MoTiOnZ. It seems from your post that you are encountering an IP address error. Luckily there are steps you can take to get that resolved. To start, can you please take a look at this support article titled "Error: Can't connect using a static IP address" and give the steps listed there a shot? Let us know if this helps sort out the issue for you. :)

In addition, I'm going to move this thread over to 02 - Connecting to Xbox LIVE. Should you have any further questions about connecting to Xbox LIVE, they will be best answered there. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.