Xbox Live connection Issue

Hey guys,

I know this forum must have thousands of threads a day talking about connection issues but I can't find anything to help me solve my problem.

Let me explain the problem, about 2 months ago I tried signing into Xbox Live, a messaged popped up saying my account had been suspended due to a payment issue (I assume the credit card didn't have enough to pay for 12 month subscription). This wasn't a huge problem so I signed into Xbox.com and bought Xbox Live 12 months through PayPal, everything went fine and my account was back to gold. 

This is when I started having problems with Xbox Live, first it began to randomly disconnect me from games and parties but then the problem didn't get so random. When I turn my Xbox on for the first time in the morning and join a friends party it will disconnect me after about 2 minutes of being in the party, this happens every time and I have began joining parties and telling my mates that I'll be back in a minute because I'm about to disconnect, once I restart my Xbox I can join the party and the connections holds.  I also have great trouble trying to connect to lobbies on Forza 4, it will try to connect to my friends game but then it gives a notice saying I can't connect due to a connection issue (But I think this could be due to the Forza severs).

I've also noticed I seem to get lag spikes when I turn my wireless headset on, for example I was doing a race last week and everything was going well, I was talking to friends but I had to turn my headset off because someone entered my room, once they went I turned my headset back on and got disconnected instantly, could my wireless signal from my headset be interfering with the wireless connection?

This was all happening with a wireless connection on the Xbox Slim. I've tried using a wired connection but I still get the predictable party disconnection every time and difficulty joining games.

If you guys need any further information to help me solve this I'm happy to provide, and also before anyone asks, my NAT type is set to open. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hey Jamie, the only thing I could think of is that you need to unplug your modem and router for 5 consective minutes then plug them back in. Go to your Xbox go all the way over to settings (on the dashboard) Go to System then Network Settings. If you are using a Ethernet cable hit Wired Network or if your using a Adapter hit Wireless Network. Then go to 'Test Xbox LIVE Connection. I hope I helped have a nice day.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi, thanks for the response. Since I've had this problem I've must have reset my router at least 20 times so this can't be the problem.

Sorry this didn't help.

Quick question before further investigation : - do the other people in the parties you're joining all have open NAT's?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey guys i seem to be having a connection problem i recently bought the new xbox 360 slim i bought it from a friend and it is used all the games i have work fine but i cant connect  to xbox live whenever i test the connection at the internet stage, i have opened all ports needed (88, 80, 53,1863 and 3074) i've tried a wired connection and the same thing happens i also own a playstation 3 and an ipod which i both successfully connected to my wifi  but the strangest thing of all is i am getting weather updates from my xbox without being connected to wifi. how does this happen? And i have also tried the support section, it was about 10 steps long and non of the steps worked. The make and model of my router is a TRENDnet TEW-652BRP i have looked it up and it is compatible with xbox live and it is. I honestly have no idea what is going on can somebody please help??  

Sorry this didn't help.

> I've also noticed I seem to get lag spikes when I turn my wireless headset on, for example I was doing a race last week and everything was going well, I was talking to friends but I had to turn my headset off because someone entered my room, once they went I turned my headset back on and got disconnected instantly, could my wireless signal from my headset be interfering with the wireless connection?

In a word, YES.  Please contact your wireless headset maker's support and follow their instructions to reduce interference. MadCatz is at 800-831-1442 and TurtleBeach is at turtlebeach.com/contact-support.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

@Shadows - Yes, everyone in the Xbox Live party has an Open NAT.

@Vibro - I'm using the Xbox 360 wireless headset.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey o0o JAM1E o0o! To get a better idea of what the issue is here, can you provide us the information requested in bold at the bottom of our start here sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) for connectivity issues. Thank you in advance! :)

Sorry this didn't help.