Xbox Live connection issue (wired connection)

Hello all.  So I've recently moved and in order for me to connect to the internet/live i had to run a 75'  ethernet cable down the side of my house cut it at one end and reconnect the pickup after cutting it.  I've done all this successfully and my laptop works flawlessly and the connection speed is decently good.  My problem comes when I attempt to plug it into my Xbox.  The Xbox will recognize the cable and connection for a couple seconds and then it will say it's unplugged then it will pop back up saying it's plugged in (wash, rinse, repeat), meanwhile, the cable is plugged in the whole time.  Again, I stress that my laptop has worked fine with this cable for the past 3 weeks with ZERO cutting in and out.   Really frustrating to be honest.  Looking for any help at all.  If this issue has been addressed before (I've had a hell of a time finding an answer) please direct me to that post!

Thanks in advance!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

I think its time to invest in WiFi.

If you're just using a router connection and you switch back and forth between the 360 and a laptop, the modem needs to be power cycled every time you plug it in to a different device.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

We have WiFi, just an old house and the modem had to go in upstairs.  I'm in the basement and the signal doesn't reach :( I think it's because it's mostly plaster as opposed to drywall (not a clue just a hunch).  Hence why I had no choice but to run the cable.  So frustrating especially since the cable works on my laptop perfectly and I actually used to switch the cable between my comp and xbox at my old house all the time and it always worked.  I'll try power cycling the modem but not holding my breath.  Thanks, bro.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.