Xbox Live Connection Issue Unknown

My xbox is wired to an access point connected to my home network, but i STILL constantly get disconnected from xbox live every 30 minutes. When i test my connection, it shows no errors and automatically connects again, only to screw up after another 30-ish minutes. I am very confused as to why this is happening and would like a possible solution, as the equiptment cost well over $50. I previous connected wirelessly, but the craptastic xbox-brand wireless adapter couldn't stay connected, while my computer 2.5 feet away had 5 bars. I would really like to get this working, or I will no longer purchase xbox live gold, as it's wasteful to pay for a servic i cannot even utilize. Please reply whenever possible, and thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Its also getting worse now, I cant even play anything that requires Xbox Live anymore. It disconnects me after 5 mins of TRYING to connect to BO2 multiplayer or Destiny's demo

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Leonardo Kane, ok, I have one recipe, let's try it.

Delete Your account from console, only account, clear the system cache, then reboot console, after that clear cache again and reboot, and last time do the same. Then add Your profile and try to play in any game.

To clear system cache You can use this article: support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

P/S/ I know, that this recipe bit strange, but this help in such situations, not always of course, but it worth to try.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you, this seems to be working right now. I can connect to the internet and easily sign into Destiny demo without any problems.

On a side note, some achievements disappeared after i did this. By some, I mean only the achievements related to Tales from the Borderlands episode 2... Apparently it thinks i just skipped from episode 1 to episode 3 achievement-wise (no idea why), but at least my internet is working now

Sorry this didn't help.

Aaand now its back to disconnecting, but only after about 2 hours rather than 30 mins

Sorry this didn't help.

Leonardo Kane, it's back to what, to 30 minutes period again? Or now You disconnected every 2 hours?

Please clarify, because sometimes You can be disconnected, for example I experience this too, sometimes, but not often and not every period of time.

Sorry this didn't help.

Apologies for not being clear. This solution caused my xbox to stay connected to live longer (about 2 hours, but with some variation), but it still disconnects every once in a while. My network is connected the internet the whole time, so I dont know what the problem could be.

Sorry this didn't help.

My xbox is upstairs in my bedroom and the router is downstairs in my front room, my xbox always has 1 to 2 bars of wifi but it never disconnects me from xbox live. So to me this is very strange, indeed. I will try and find a solution for you as soon as possible!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello, I am back with a maybe-solution! If you were able to connect previously with no issues... Make sure that there are no outside wireless devices near your xbox or router that could be interrupting the signal. If you have any external wireless devices, move them about 3-4 feet away from the console and/or router. Ipad, laptop, wireless receivers. Also, if you can connect just fine, you may want to even test out data issues on your console causing an interruption. Check our hard drive for corrupted content, even try deleting (delete profile only) clearing your xbox's system cache, and recovering your profile back to the console, which I understand that you have already tried. If you know your wireless password, it may not be a bad idea to refresh the data concerning your network on your console. You can do this by restoring your console settings to factory defaults. Here is a link that can walk you through that. support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-obtain-ip-address-router-modem-978976

I hope this helps!

Sorry this didn't help.

Since the Xbox one joint venture to World of Tanks load times are atrocious, yes I have optimized from the WOT dashboard ..... when the game loads it seems like it takes double the time it used to just to get to the garage ..... picking tanks and upgrading from the garage seems to be not affected ..... when loading into a multiplayer match, my acount seems to be one of the first on the list ..... the timer counts down , match starts and seems that both teams start out with half the teams loaded , as play starts the players get loaded and my controls become lagged ...... I cant drive a straight line cannot turn the gun aim or shoot ....... i will aim see target and shoot , the shot will take 5 seconds and the round will fly in a different direction , then it will glitch into a different part of map and by then will be killed by multiple tanks ................ Previous to this type of play ... I also had NAT problems ..... I spent hours on the phone with AT&T and they finally repaired the NAT settings to my XBOX 360...... since Monday I have been able to join parties and platoons , but not able to control game play, last nite i was in a party and my platoon members would tell me that my speech was broken and I would hear the same on my end My Broadband box - ARRIS NVG589 I have spent some money to WOT probably as much as a premium XBOX 360 disc, 60 - 80 $ but then again they offer it as a free to play game I am REALLY considering switching to PC version !!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

My connection is wired, so my laptop nearby cannot be the problem. I have thoroughly checked my memory devices for corrupted files and found nothing. I tried deleting and re-downloading my profile, but it had no effect. I have no idea what could possibly be causing this error, and it seems like the kind of thing that doesn't normally happen.

Sorry this didn't help.