xbox live connection issue att uverse

ive tried everything i dont get it it doesnt have issues connecting but will randomly disconnect usually starting with a "blank" has left party then just drops completley ive even set a static ip and forwarded all the needed ports which helped but no where near where id like it to be its rly annoying me

What Country/State/Province do you live in? USA
Modem brand & model number: att serves as modem and router = wireless gateway 
3800HGV-B

Router brand & model number:^ 

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? internal
Things you have tried: changing to static ip adress and port forwarding, reset gateway for 1 min multiple times, reset xbox 360, disconnecting all other devices 
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/(((Unknown)))
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? nat is open
Any Error Codes you encounter: just disconnections
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider) att uverse

never had issues with xbox live like this b4 not rly sure what to do will be contacting isp tommarow

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 31 Applies to:

I use AT&T internet as well and I know what you are going through as I have the same issues from time to time and it's a combination of really poor equipment(the router/modem combo at&t sells) and their service which leaves a lot lacking.

I'm paying nearly thirty dollars a month for a connection speed of 6Mbps down and 1Mbps up and I'm only getting 768Kbps(Kilobits per second not Kilobytes which means I have an even slower connection than it looks) download and 128Kbps upload which is ridiculous because I'm paying for the mid tear speed package and getting bottom tear service.

I've already complained about not getting the speed I'm paying for  to AT&T customer support via the phone and online forum to no avail, all anyone on their end could say was we are more than willing to increase your speed at an additional monthly cost increase to you..

Yeah right like I'm gonna fork out another twenty dollars for crappy service.

I'm in the process of looking at other ISP providers in the area and hopefully I'll be getting better internet in the next few months.

I won't ever recommend that anyone else uses AT&T internet service because you definitely don't get what you pay for.

I just recently found out that AT&T was sued for throttling individual customers connection speed slowing the connection down so that some of your resources could be shared out to the surrounding area to anyone else using AT&T internet which basically means that your paying for someone else to get on during the high usage hours of the day which coincidentally is illegal for AT&T to do.....

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

UPnP is where it will automatically open up the ports for any device when it asks for it. That's just letting you know what it is. Anyways, is it a service like Comcast where they set up a home service or do you have one of those wireless cards? If you have a wireless card how well that runs depends on how well your service is in your area. Also, it might not be "powerful" enough for the Xbox to run efficiently on Xbox Live. So you could be getting cut out from both of those things that I can think of. If you have any more questions or information feel free to message me. Thanks, -Isaac

Sorry this didn't help.

I forgot to mention that when I get booted from xbox live I typically have to unplug the power cord from the router/modem combo let it sit for a minute to do a soft reset, power down my console at the same time then plug the power cable back into the router let it reboot fully which takes a couple of minutes then turn my console back on and log back into my account this usually clears up any connections issues I might have.

I had an issue about six months ago where I thought I'd been hacked and locked out of my profile because I could not log into it via the console  for about three days I later found out that once again AT&T was messing me over because they did a full reset on my isp settings to refresh them and  it triggered a roll over in the  allocated isp addresses for each machine on the network so that they would get new numbers but my console is set dmz+ with a static ip which was then no longer recognized by the isp provider so I had to go in and manually change the isp numbers for my console along with the dns numbers which are now not associated with the isp provider.

I highly recommend using the free dns numbers found at Google and Free DNS as they are a lot more reliable than the ones you get from the isp provider which helps to stabilize your connection.

Sorry this didn't help.

Im having the same problem.. found an answer yet??

Sorry this didn't help.

I did a bit of digging around for info over at ATT support forum and basically they oversubscribed their service ie overloaded the DSLAM centers by about 200% so they are so far over copacity that they can't host all of their subscribers which ends up with us getting all sorts of networking errors and so forth and there isn't an all purpose fix at the moment unfortunately.

They then admit to throttling the speeds of the basic DSL subs so that they could try to improve the uverse dsl service which actually did more harm than good and now they are saying that within the next five to ten years they are discontinuing DSL altogether in favor of fiber optic connections like cable so the hundreds of thousands of subs they have will either have to switch services or not have any at all.

FYI if you discontinue your internet service with them they then black list your residence as un-serviceable wich litterally cuts you off from having internet service period.

On a final note according to the most recent data ATT actually holds more than 90% of the high speed internet subscriptions in the US and they are actively buying out local competition like Turner Broadcasting and Cox cable so that they can increase their ogoloply over us.

You could try using UnPn if your router supports it as this will automatically open the ports necessary to communicate with the XBL service and servers.

Sorry this didn't help.

I meant UPnP. dumb autocorrect.

Sorry this didn't help.

Its Time Warner not Turner Broadcasting.

I'm mildly dyslexic among other things so I tend to get names mixed up.

Anyway, I've been back to having more connection issues due to insufficient bandwidth in my area so during the peak usage hours of 3-9 p.m. I get random disconnects from the local DSLAM which causes the router/modem to just suddenly drop its connection to the outside line and then it just sits for a couple of hours blinking the no service light and it doesn't matter what I do, hard or soft resets, manual re-boots the lot are useless until the DSLAM starts back communicating with the router/modem.

Sorry this didn't help.