Xbox Live connection in China

I have been a user of Xbox Live for a long time in China and now, it has been two month that I can't really connect anymore. If I succeed, I have about two minutes before it disconnect again. I live in China for the record but don't pull out that *** list that shows the countries where it work because I know it really works in China! I could connect a few times but not long enough to complete any updates or games! It started before the update so it is not related either but I don't know what is the cause of all this BS!

I have a really good connection (for China) and I am pretty sure it is due to the government!

Does anybody has the same problem or am I the only one?

Can anybody have better explanation for those retarded connection we have?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

I used to live in China as well and plan on going back. You can sign in using the website but as for playing online I but they (Microsoft) block your IP if they detect your coming from China. So its either Microsoft blocking your access because China is a HUGE pirate of stuff or the CCP does not want you to have access.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Show,

I am also looking at the same situation as you.  I use to play on xbox live ALL the time here in China from 2004-2008 but I have been away for a few years and now want to get back into online console gaming.  I really hope they do reseove this issue and I can get online soon.  I intend to call the game store and see how they manage to do it now.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am so happy to see this thread because finally I am not alone!!!!

I came to china in September and have had NO issues with xbox live. But around January time I began disconnecting and having difficulty staying on live.

I have tried everything, deleting my profile, changing my router, trying to open ports for over 2 months and have had no success.

I think it's time to realise that the chinese government have updated their firewall and xbox live now is close to death.

I will continue to try and fix the issue, if I do I will let you know!

Sorry this didn't help.