Xbox Live connection extremely slow and laggy!

Ok so recently my connection my to Xbox and my internet has been very slow and laggy. For example I will get on Xbox live and will get disconnected out of no where and on my laptop if I go to youtube it will take ages for 1 video to load up. Both of my connections are wireless and I have the high speed Cisco Linksys E3000 router. Any help is appreciated so THANKS!

EDIT: I just ran a speed connection from my ISP Time warner and my download speed is 2.09 mbps, my upload is 0.74 mbps, and my ping is 23ms if that is any help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 13 Applies to:

It May Either Be The Xbox When You Play You Should Try To Clear The Cache Out The The Xbox It May Help Also On The Computer Clear All The Cache On Your Computer And Also Try Defragging Your Computer To Compile All The Files So It Loads Faster.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Your speeds seem good and your ping is great.  Try a speed test at www.speedtest.net and a ping test at www.pingtest.net

From the speeds/ pings your posting you should have no problems playing online or loading a video.  To narrow down your problem try shutting down your laptops/ desktops/ any other wireless device then go on live.  If that fixes the problem, then its one of your computers.  Just turn one on at a time and play live until you find whats causing your problem.

Do you have a open NAT type?

Sorry this didn't help.

If all else fails i would check the wi-fi connection and see if someone else is running off of it could be the issue to it happens a lot if so set a password for your connection so others wont be aloud on if not set already.If its set then change the password to something else hope it gets resolved.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there Prowl! This thread is a little old (2011) so the Original Poster has probably moved on by now. But thanks for the suggestion! Maybe it will help someone else who comes along and finds this thread. ^_^

Sorry this didn't help.