Xbox live connection error

Basically, I've had connection errors for quite a long time now. I don't know where to turn for help. I disconnect from just about every game, I've experimented a bit with the settings. I get disconnected from xbox live frequently (at least once every 5-10 mins.) I can't seem to fix this, my internet is decent (for the most part). 

Things I've tried doing - 1) Used Wireless connection. 2) Tried port forwarding on my belkin g mimo router. 3) Switched to wired connection (Ethernet cable). 4) Restarting router.  5) opening NAT 

Current Xbox Live Settings - Open NAT, Wired Connection. 

I really don't know what to do now, I just renewed my xbox live not too long ago. It's really depressing being disconnected every few minutes, I don't even have to be in a game. I could just be in a party with some friends and randomly disconnect from xbox live. And two seconds later I will be logged back in on live. Check out my black ops win streak, I hardly have any wins due to a lag out fest... I can hardly finish games anymore, please try to help... 

Thanks for reading. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

Assuming its a problem your end and not with the x box have you tried putting your x box in the DMZ of your router? Basically getting the routers firewall to ignore your x box? Google your router model and DMZ for instructions its easy enough. You can easily reverse it later. I have my x box permanantly in the DMZ otherwise i have no end of issues but then i do have a BT Homehub. Its up to you if it works and you want to leave it there , but foir now just give it a go purely to test and see if it works

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes, I have tried it. And it made the connection somewhat better, but still disconnected every now and then. I think my problem is my Internet providers screwed me over. Anyways, when I tried using DMZ it wouldn't let any other computer in the house have access to internet.  (2 laptops, 1 desktop).  I thought about tweeking with the settings a bit, but I didn't want to mess anything else up :\

Sorry this didn't help.

oh sorry i forgot to say you need to set up a static ip address for the other connected devices , laptops pc,s etc. OOOPS

you need to find a list of the devices that connect to your router (in your router settings) then usually you would double click each device and select the "always use this ip address" or something similar

for example on mine i goto settings/home network (in there us a list of the laptops that are also using/use the router.  double click each device and to get to its settings. In there is the option for "always use this ip address"

Sorry this didn't help.

There isn't an option for "always use this ip address". But, I think I can manage a way to manually always use the ip address. I also tried port forwarding which is basically has to do with setting a dmz. Also, I had trouble even while looking at guides on how to do it. It seems like my router model (Belkin g mimo) is different from other belkins. When I tried setting a static IP I was able to do it for my xbox but ultimately had to switch to a wired connection because it wasn't working correctly on my router.

This is really annoying.... I played cod4 for a time frame of 30 mins. I disconnected from 9 games within the 30 mins.

Thanks for trying to help, I really appreciate it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Port forwarding isnt really the same as DMZ. Port forwarding is a safer way as it forwards only the ports used by x box live and keeps you/your x box behind your routers hardware firewall.

It did nothing at all for me DMZ was the only way i could go , due mainly to the fact thaty my BT Homehub is rubbish!

longshot but have you tried updating the firmware? i think this is new out this year .. en-uk-support.belkin.com/.../L3RpbWUvMTMxMjIzNjIxMS9zaWQvblhRSnp0QWs%3D  (make sure its correct first ;0) )

contains amongst other things.................... "•The firmware contains updated ADSL and Wireless Networking drivers"

Sorry this didn't help.

If you go into your router settings and look to the left, you will see "Virtual Servers" where you set up port forwarding. If you go down two more, you will see "DMZ," which is what Archst3r was talking about. This will allow your xbox to bypass NAT, which, as I understand it can kick you out of multiplayer sometimes. Back when my xbox was connected (as you pointed out in the other thread, we have the same router), I didn't completely disable NAT, but changed the DMZ and had no problems until Live decided that my MTU was too low, or that dynamic wasn't good enough, or whatever it decided.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok thanks man, but as I stated above it disconnected my the other computer and laptop in my household from using internet. I'm new to this, so please try to be specific on what I should do.

Thanks for all the help guys.

Sorry this didn't help.

www.noddegamra.co.uk/.../3

Looks like our router; Maybe this helps a bit. You probably already tried everything though, but I am out of ideas. Can't figure out why setting up DMZ would kick your computer off network or how to fix it. Good luck, dude.

Sorry this didn't help.

OP: Can I clarify, are you unable to connect, or you can but get disconnected? Can you go to http://speedtest.net on a computer on the same network as your console, take the test there, and post the result image back here. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.