Xbox Live connection and lag... :(

Hi! I just bought xbox live membership here. I live in Kenya and I mainly play MW3 online... (at least i always try to.... ) but there is too much lag nowadays... I cannot find any game..... if i join a friend's game, it lags so bad... if i throw a stun or grenade, i see it leave me after 5 seconds...

Before, the first time i got live, this didn't happen. It seems that the problems get worse and worse... I cant even play with local people well without some lag.

I would really appreciate some help... Thanks.

Oh, and my internet speed is the average 54.0Mbps... ping to nearest location, Nairobi, is 29ms...

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello Johnny,

you have to test some things,please check this link its a guide on how to resolve issues like yours.

support.xbox.com/.../performance

If that doesnt help you might also want to check this link,its a guide on how to open ports and fix your NAT.

forums.xbox.com/.../7448.aspx

I hope these will help,tell us what happens.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

@HellspawnRei my NAT type is open..... and i always connect to xbox live well.... but the online play is really disturbing...

Lag is always there, and it is really irritating... I am trying to contact my internet server.... Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Johnny, please post a speedtest and pingtest result in your next post. I'm suspecting that this doesn't have to do with your connection to XBOX Live but your overall internet connection.

Speedtest.net - Tests your internet connection speed.
Pingtest.net - Lets you know what your ping is to the closest possible server to you as well as packet loss on the line you are using.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi, I've been having the same problem too. I live in Nairobi and just recently brought my xbox 360 slim down from UK. I can connect to xbox live fine (albeit it takes slightly longer than in UK), downloading games and additional content is fine too. However I cannot play any games online. It is a struggle to join lobbies in MW3 or street fighter, and if it does there is always lag.

I'm not sure if the problem is the internet connection (I have Zuku 8Mbps) or the fact that there is simply nobody playing nearby.

Any help on this problem would be appreciated.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey there, bobthekenyan. Thanks for bringing your question to the forums. Since Nairobi is not a LIVE supported country that likely explains why you are encountering this issue. However, we'll try our best to get this issue improved the best we can. To start, can you please create a new thread for us? This one is quite old and we'd like to be able to provide you the best troubleshooting steps for your issue. Thanks in advance! Standing by for your thread. :)

Sorry this didn't help.