Xbox Live connection abruptly disconnects

Hi, I recently purchased the new Xbox 360 slim, and got rid of the original Xbox 360 console.  I was having trouble connecting to the internet with the built-in WiFi offered in the newer Xbox, so I just connected to the internet using the two-antenna adapter.  I had always been able to connect to Xbox Live with my old Xbox 360 using the one-antenna adapter, but now when I connect to Xbox live with either of the adapters on my new Xbox, the connection will run perfectly fine, but then after a little while, I will lose the network connection out of nowhere.  However, I can instantly sign back into Xbox live.  I don't know what the problem is, but it has really been causing me some problems in Xbox Live oriented games.  Please help me!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 11 Applies to:

Hi,

New xbox (or an other new device in your network) means reestablishment. That means you have to setup your xbox again in your modem/router.
- START HERE for connection troubleshooting!

Let us know if you need any help with that! When you do, please also fill in some questions which are written in bold on that page. This way we can take a better look at your situation.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.