Xbox Live connecting problems - Can't process update

Hello, Everytime I try to connect to Xbox Live I obviously have to update prior to doing so. However, I can not update because everytime I try I get an error message saying that it could not process the update and an error code saying: 34FA - 34FB - 1380 - 0915 - C000 - 0032. I already cleared my cache, I have more than enough room on the console for the update as well, and the Xbox won't do anything with CDs that have the update on them. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 150 Applies to:

Hey there, progenitor04! I'm very sorry to see you're running into this error code. This thread is over a year old. Generally, when looking up errors, you only need to look up the last 8. The C000-0099 support article should help you out. If you need further assistance, please post up a new thread detailing what you're running into and troubleshooting you've completed. This way our community can get you the individual support that works best on the forums. :)

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

335a42fe16800703c0000099 Wtf is it

Sorry this didn't help.

I tried to put the update in usb nd downloading it on my xbox360(says extracting) but it still says cant update

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello EeriestPlanet14!  Please make a new thread detailing what happens when you try to update (in particular please let us know what model console you have and what error code you see.)  We'll get it figured out for you!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey I have a question I try to log into xbox live but it says I need an update but the update is unavailable what do I do tried multiple times hasn't worked at all need major help  

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you. While I do NOT consider myself computer illiterate, I just assumed that the wording in the directory was literal. Thank you for your help, this did in fact solve my problem. I had even gone as far as trying to update through a VPN and using Google's DNS, but of course, neither worked. Thank you for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="flamencog"]if it did not work on a disc, I do not believe it would work on a flash drive.

[/quote]

Yes, it probably would. Read on for the reason.

[quote user="flamencog"]

Specifically because I tried formatting the disc as a flash drive type of format,

[/quote]

That still doesn't make the disc a flash drive. It's only an analogy to help less computer literate people understand that they can add files to the disc later on. If the PC told you he was burning a "multi-session disc" and "wouldn't finalize the table of contents", most people would go "Huh? What? An unfinished something? No, I don't want that! I want my data finished!"

So despite your PC telling you otherwise, the disc is NOT a flash drive.

[quote user="flamencog"]...Would a flash drive really make a difference? Also, does anyone know what the error code means?[/quote]

The code usually means that the update was downloaded to the console, started updating, and wants to load additional stuff from the disc, but can't properly access the disc drive.

In some rare cases, the firmware of the drive is being updated, and during that time the drive can't provide the data the update requests.

So if you do NOT use the disc drive, but an USB flashdrive instead, the update will simply pull the data from the USB drive instead of the disc drive, and can update the drive firmware with (hopefully) no problems.

When copying the update on the flashdrive, just make sure the flash drive is FAT32 formatted.

And since a lot of people seem to get that part wrong:

DO NOT copy the update ZIP file on the drive.

You will have to double click on the ZIP File on your PC, and this will then show you a folder called "$Systemupdate".

Drag and drop that "$Systemupdate" Folder on the thumb drive. NOT the downloaded ZIP file.

Also do not put the $Systemupdate folder into other subfolders.

If you double click your flash drive, you should ONLY see the $Systemupdate folder, and nothing else.

Sorry this didn't help.

I understand this, however, if it did not work on a disc, I do not believe it would work on a flash drive. Specifically because I tried formatting the disc as a flash drive type of format, and I also tried burning the files to it. Would a flash drive really make a difference? Also, does anyone know what the error code means?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried to process the Update with a USB flash drive? Try this: Click Here

Sorry this didn't help.