Xbox live change associated email adress

Hi. My son entered a bad email adress for xbox live. I want to change the adress, but for changing that, I need to enter the current adress password.... but it seems that he forgot it....

What can I do ??

Thanks in advance.

Eric.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 17 Applies to:

Hey,

Have a look here and see if it helps. Let us know. Find your Microsoft account or password

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Sorry this didn't help.

in fact, he didn't enter a Windows live account, he entered his apple account... and when we try the password, it does'nt work...

Is it possible to reset all settings about xbox live and rebegin from the beginning with a Windows live account ?

Sorry this didn't help.

Now, a Mac.com address or almost (with the exception of Q.com) address can be used to make a Microsoft Account. But, you can change the Microsoft Account address at account.live.com/ChangeID.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

listen, he entered a *** Email address is removed for privacy *** adress.

When I go on icloud and sign in with his password, it works. But when I go on the xbox and enter the same password for the same email adress, the xbox tells me Wrong password.

Sorry this didn't help.

That just means that you didn't use the same password when you signed up on the Xbox 360 or Xbox.com. All because you can login to the iCloud e-mail with the same password doesn't mean that the same password was used universally. In fact, that's probably the worst thing to do. If one of the passwords is compromised for whatever reason and you use the same password for all of your accounts then that means that essentially everything is compromised.

If you know the e-mail address used to make the account then you will need to reset the password by going here. If you can't reset the password due to an incorrect/inaccessible e-mail address on file then you will need to fill out the Microsoft Account Recovery form here.

There's nothing we can personally do on the forums to reset the password for you or change the e-mail, those would be your only two avenues to get that done.

If you do not know the exact e-mail address that was used then you will need to contact phone support to find out the exact e-mail associated with that gamertag.

Sorry this didn't help.