XBOX LIVE AUTOMATICALLY RENEWS EVEN AFTER I STOPPED IT AND REMOVED MY CREDIT CARD

I removed my credit card info and auto-renewal last year, then in October I was charged for a 3 month subscription without my permission or even having the card on file????? Well that charge ended up over drafting my bank account and since I didnt know about it I was also embarrassed when my card was declined at McDonalds. I called xbox support on the spot in October they apologized and refunded it and took all my credit info off my account. Fast forward to January of this year (3 months later) and it happened again charging my account without permission, I couldn't believe it. I went through the same motions got the full refund and had them take my credit info off again and also got no compensation for either incident mind you. Fast forward another 3 months to April AND IT HAPPENED AGAIN!!!! AGAIN I JUST COULDN'T BELIEVE IT, went through the same motions blah blah blah........then couple days later a actually stupidly thought well maybe its safe to put my card info in again and buy this 3 month for 14.99, bought it, instantly turned off auto renew on the xbox.com site and even said no when my xbox itself asked if i wanted autorenewal  LOW AND BEHOLD WHAT HAPPEN IN JULY MOTHER-FRACKIN-AUTO-RENEWAL.  So i call again this time upset and demanding some compensation they said they were beyond sorry and would refund the full price and give me a free one month ( BIG WOOPTY DOO!!). NOW I GET MY BANK STATEMENT FOR LAST MONTH AND FIND OUT THEY DIDN'T REFUND THE WHOLE AMOUNT BECAUSE I HAD USED IT FOR 8 DAYS BEFORE CALLING THEY ONLY PRO-RATED IT!!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME THEY ARE PRO-RATING SOMETHING THAT I NOT ONLY DIDN'T AGREE TO BUY,  BUT STRONGLY TRIED TO STOP FROM HAPPENING.  I WANT ANSWERS, I WANT AN APOLOGY AND I WANT SOME COMPENSATION FOR THE HOURS I HAVE SPENT ON THE PHONE WITH THESE BRAIN WASHED SUPPORT PEOPLE THAT JUST KEEP SAYING SORRY AND DON'T REALLY TAKE CARE OF ANYTHING......... I AM SENDING THIS STORY TO ALL THE MAJOR GAMING NEWS WEBSITES AND PUBLICATIONS CAUSE I KNOW IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THIS IS HAPPENING TO...... AS A MATTER OF FACT SOMEONE FROM MY STATE HAS ACTUALLY STARTED A CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT AGAINST M$ FOR ALMOST THESE SAME REASONS AND IF I DON'T GET SOME KIND OF JUST CAUSE OR REASONING I TOO MIGHT HAVE TO CONSIDER SOME LEGAL ACTION........PLEASE GIVE ME ANSWERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 28 Applies to:

If you turn off auto renewal and then you down the road purchase any promotional offers on the Marketplace/Dashboard that will automatically turn it back on. You would then have to call again to have it turned back off.

As for the days you used and were prorated, of course they prorated it, you used some of the subscription time. They had every right to charge you for the days you used Live.

Coming here and going on a rant demanding this and demanding that is not going to help your situation. If you are dissatisfied with the service you have received then you need to take it to the proper people in a civil and polite manner.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

WHY DON'T YOU READ CAREFULLY NEXT TIME YOU WORTHLESS TROLL!!!  I DID CANCEL AUTO-RENEW ON THE XBOX.COM WEBSITE AND ALSO SAID NO WHEN THE XBOX ITSELF ASKED and I have done this everytime i have ever used my credit card to purchase gold membership, ive been a live member for 5 years and just because this is the first time im posting on the forum doesn't mean you know more then me.......4 years i had no problem and then since that october last year its been nothing but problems and no matter how many times i call and nicely ask what in the world is going on its just more hoops to jump through fences to jump over and stupid automated bots to talk to  SO NEXT TIME YOU WANNA ANSWER SOMETHING MAKE SURE TO FULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU THINK YOUR ANSWERING YOU ***

Sorry this didn't help.

When you phone them up again, tell them to turn off automatic renewal and take off your credit/debit card details off the system.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="sweetjunks"]

WHY DON'T YOU READ CAREFULLY NEXT TIME YOU WORTHLESS TROLL!!!  I DID CANCEL AUTO-RENEW ON THE XBOX.COM WEBSITE AND ALSO SAID NO WHEN THE XBOX ITSELF ASKED and I have done this everytime i have ever used my credit card to purchase gold membership, ive been a live member for 5 years and just because this is the first time im posting on the forum doesn't mean you know more then me.......4 years i had no problem and then since that october last year its been nothing but problems and no matter how many times i call and nicely ask what in the world is going on its just more hoops to jump through fences to jump over and stupid automated bots to talk to  SO NEXT TIME YOU WANNA ANSWER SOMETHING MAKE SURE TO FULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU THINK YOUR ANSWERING YOU ***[/quote]

Posting like this will only make your situation worse and cause your thread to be locked/deleted and you could possible be banned from posting in the forums for an 'x' amount of time.

And tenure on XBL does not mean you know more than anyone else. I have met several individuals on here that have been a member of XBL for only a short period of time yet they have a wealth of knowledge about XBL.

The option to turn off auto renewal via the website was taken away in Novemeber of 2010. Since then the only way to cancel auto renewal is to call phone support and have them do it for you. If you had it off at that time, then when the last Dashboard update came out, which I also believe was in November of 2010 we all had to agree to the new Terms of Service before we were able to continue using XBL, at that time with the new agreement your auto renewal would have been turned back on again as per the contract. If you did not call to cancel it after that then you would still have it on.

And please refrain from using profane language in the forums it is not allowed nor is it called for. If you don't like what someone says to you about your situation you could just simply ignore it and move on.

Sorry this didn't help.