Xbox Live auto-signing me out

Ok, Xbox Live will auto sign me in when i fire up my 360 at the dashboard.  When I start an older game I have not played yet, it prompts to download updates (i.e. Black Ops 2).  Within 3-5 seconds Xbox Live logs me out and sends me back to the off-line dashboard.  I can then re-log and start the game to the point of the update for the game.  This is an endless cycle.  I have tried to clear cache, tested connection with the connection working normally. I deleted my profile per Xbox support and then was instructed to delete the latest update for Xbox.  Now I'm stuck in the ENDLESS loop where I can not connect to Xbox Live to download the Xbox update so i can redownload my Xbox Live Profile.  Internet connection is working perfectly.  Also tried setting up port forwarding and did not work either.

Anyone else have this concern????

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 12 Applies to:

Same here...It will randomly sign me out. been doing this for a few days now I've noticed. Can't say for sure how long because I was out of town for 2 weeks and back home since the 8th. I've tried power cycling, re downloading my profile etc..

It just signed me out after finishing this post.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Foopthis"]Now I'm stuck in the ENDLESS loop where I can not connect to Xbox Live to download the Xbox update so i can redownload my Xbox Live Profile.  Internet connection is working perfectly.  Also tried setting up port forwarding and did not work either.[/quote]

First of all, port forwarding is not (yet) necessary. You only need port forwarding during multiplayer games or parties.

The Xbox should be able to download and install the system updates without any profiles signed in. In fact, when you do a connection test to Live to "force" an update check, the console signs out any Gamertag automatically.

If the update doesn't download to your console properly, try to download the update to an USB drive, and do an offline update.

After that, try to clear the system cache again and re-download your profile. If necessary, back-up your profile and move it to an USB Drive, then unplug the USB drive before downloading your profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

I recently (just before X-mas) switched over to Comcast business (Tier 10up/25down) and they set up this router DPC3939B and I've had random disconnects...very intermittent...could be 5 min. or could be 20 min. before disconnect from Xbox live.

I just had the Comcast technician come out and explained to him my issue and he seems to believe it's an issue between Xbox 360s and Microsoft (possibly update related). Technician checked the line connection (at wall and bldg.) and reports there are no issues with line. All reports great.

I'm connected directly to the router just as the desktop. Have absolutely no issues with the desktop or any of my other devices (Xoom and cell phone) that are connected via wireless. WTF!

I've checked settings within router...nadda. I've power cycled Xbox and router...nadda. I've made sure ports are open, NAT off, Firewall off etc...Nadda.

I'm heavily leaning towards a recent Xbox 360 update that has possibly borked as is the technician.

Sorry this didn't help.

Update:

I switched back to my old 250GB HDD and same results. So I know at this point it is not HDD related.

Sorry this didn't help.