Xbox live auto-renewal

Hello.

I am really frustrated with the current situation you have put me in. A couple of months I purchased Xbox live subscription via PayPal and it is set to Auto-renewal, without asking me, if I wanted it. My subscription is ending soon and I do not want to renew it. I live in a country that does not have the Xbox support line, so I am unable to contact you.

How can you force your customers to pay you against their will ? I was never informed that by adding my details, I will not be able to remove them or you will try to force me paying you. This is really disingenuous of you. I feel like being robbed here.

So my only request would be for you turn the Auto-renewal off, or guide me to my next step in achieving this goal.

Thank you in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 147 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Section 6.2 of the Terms of Use -

Once we have informed you that the Service will be provided indefinitely or automatically renewed, we may automatically renew your Service and charge you for any renewal term in accordance with the subscription offer terms we present to you prior to your payment for the Service which terms may be updated upon written notice (including email) to you.  In some cases, you may have the option to create or renew a subscription with a prepaid card instead of your payment method.  Your Service may be cancelled at the end of your subscription term if you do not have a billing account or have not elected to auto-renew your subscription with a charge to your payment method, or you have not entered a prepaid card for purposes of renewing your Service. If you sign up for an Xbox LIVE Gold Membership or other Xbox LIVE paid subscription using a prepaid card, your subscription will continue but will downgrade to a free Xbox LIVE membership at the end of your pre-purchase paid membership period, regardless of whether you have a billing account. To maintain your paid membership, you must set your account to automatically renew with a charge to your payment method, or you must enter a new prepaid card.

http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/Legal/LiveTOU

You agreed to this on signing up and were given the chance to read said terms before and after signing up.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

So you will continue charging me for something I do not want ???

Sorry this didn't help.

Also you were told when buying a dashboard or promotion this membership will Renew at regular price

Remember you are buying a subscription which is a common model nowadays wow netflix some of Sonys mmorpg services and many mmorpgs use this model

If you do not want a subsciption or to call to cancel then you gotta forgo discounts and free games that come with promotions  and convience and stick with prepaid

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry, but the only way to turn off auto-renewal is by calling. As Vernier pointed out you agreed to the terms when you signed up. The system also tells you that auto-renewal will be turned on before you purchase the subscription.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm not sure how you are having an account when your country is not supported

Billing info must match for xbox to support paypal

It is upto you to call support in your region

If you have to call an international number because you don't live in an xbox live region that is on you

It's real simple to call international numbers

Billing issues cannot be dealt with over forums like 90 % of your services you must verify who you are

Sorry this didn't help.

Ok, as of now I am convinced that you will gladly rip me of, because it was written so. I do realise how subscription works, but I did not realise, that you will not allow me to cancel it. I know that no subscription model pays you to keep paying them, how do you justify that ???

May I get any advice how to cancel this, because I cannot call the MS, is my only option to remove my account, or credit card from the Papal page and leave you trying to charge a non-existent account ???

Can you provide the international number ???

Sorry this didn't help.

Non existent accounts won't work and if you try and do that on paypal there is consequences read the paypal terms of use

It's real simple call support to cancel renewal you do it for 90% of your services anyways

It is upto you to cancel not anyone's job

Sorry this didn't help.

Phone support are the only ones who can handle billing issues. If you make it so your payment option cannot be billed, they will continue to try to bill your account and it will become suspended from the Live service until you pay the balance. So even if you try to purchase a gold membership in the future (with a prepaid card or other method) you would have to pay off the balance first.

Sorry this didn't help.

Top righthand corner and select your actual country and click support

Then click call us

Sorry this didn't help.

I would select my actual country, but it is not on the list.

Is this the international number, because I cannot get through to it.  425-635-7180

Sorry this didn't help.